Lexeon colimators

phyhsuts

Enlightened
Very interesting. Is this a non Fraen product? The 2 degree optics that they claim to have finished designing sounds like it is most suitable for flashlights. A 2 degree beam covers a nineth of the area of a 6 degree beam at a given distance, so there is prospect of some good throw with Luxeon IIIs!
wrysmiley.gif
but 5000 sounds like a lot ..... even for a group buy!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
6+36degree beam? So is that one optic that has a hotspot plus flood beam? That'd be neat. I only thought only reflectors could do that..
They have holders for the optics too. That's nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Wonder if the 2 degree optic is the one people in the know are talking about... hmm. could be!

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
100206deg looks identical to the one in my Aitec 3AAA Collimator Light. The black plastic collimator holder also holds the luxeon star. I swapped the P?5 binned LDstar for a Q3J HD it puts out a beam like fraen LPs but has a larger squarer hotsot. But my lens says AITEC on it.

OddOne

Enlightened
Just a FYI/clarification:

[ QUOTE ]
phyhsuts said:
but 5000 sounds like a lot ..... even for a group buy!

[/ QUOTE ]

From the site:

Holders are Black PC as standard, but for orders of 5000 or more these can be moulded in any colour required, subject to additional material cost.

Saw no mention of 5,000 pieces being a minimum for anything aside from a custom holder color.

oO

baryte

Newly Enlightened
Have had no reply from my email yet.
But I did get the angle wrong for the widest beam should be 26 degrees and 6/26 not 36 oops /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif