thrunite ti deal....is it really just a 3 lumen light ?

Fresh Light

Enlightened
that comes with some of those packages ??
seems like a waste of time and metal if so......
Lol, but it has such long runtimes, though. Why wouldn't you want one?

But seriously though, it's 2 modes, I believe, 3 and 60. There also is a 0.04l and 60 lumen model.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It's a 2 mode light, tighten for on (low mode), tighten further for high, and I think the 3 lumen low is good low mode for closer range use.

I like the 0.3 lumen mode on my Zebralight. It's more then enough output to get around the house at night.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
thrunite ti deal....is it really just a 3 lumen light ?
No, it's a two level light with either .04 or 3 lumens for the low level and 60 on high. Do a search and you'll find this out, or, never mind, you've just started a thread to find out what most already knew about them.

Dubois

Enlightened
All the deals at the moment from Thrunite seem to have the higher (3lm) model - the true firefly seems to be a rarity these days. I wonder if they have stopped making it.

martindb

Newly Enlightened
When you compare this to an incandescent Maglite Solitaire which start appearing everywhere (especially boots) this time of year to be the perfect christmas gift - people seem to think £10 is a reasonable price to pay for a light with a flat 2 lumen output.

The thrunite ti wouldn't be a "waste of time and metal" is it only had a 3 lumen output because there's obviously a market for it (in the UK anyway) but as mentioned earlier, this is a dual output light with 3/60 lumens available with a bit of a head twist.

Flashlight Enthusiast
the true thrunite ti firefly is awesome

definitely does not ruin night vision, or wake you all the way up if
you need to stumble around half-asleep

choombak

Enlightened
the true thrunite ti firefly is awesome

definitely does not ruin night vision, or wake you all the way up if
you need to stumble around half-asleep

And extremely unreliable - I threw away two after both became finicky in changing modes (flicker, up down, no change, too tight, ...). I also guess they are on sale for a long time for a reason - poor QC. I stick with my mako or arc aaa - more money but works when I want it. Heck, the E01 is more reliable as well. Thrunite Ti are not even good stocking stuffers - the recipients will blame you because it did not work when they wanted it to! ;-)

ateallthepies

Enlightened
I have just bought one and it is the 3/60 lumen version. The box it came in had a sticker over the 0.4 number and replaced with a 3.

Cracking little light and a great simple UI. I love that it always comes on in low but with high a small twist away.

I am gonna have to get a few of these and give them away to family and friends.

Steve.

ateallthepies

Enlightened
And extremely unreliable - I threw away two after both became finicky in changing modes (flicker, up down, no change, too tight, ...). I also guess they are on sale for a long time for a reason - poor QC. I stick with my mako or arc aaa - more money but works when I want it. Heck, the E01 is more reliable as well. Thrunite Ti are not even good stocking stuffers - the recipients will blame you because it did not work when they wanted it to! ;-)

Did cleaning the light not help with the changing modes? I have an old P1d which plays up time to time when twisting for the modes. A clean and lube has always solved the problem.

Steve.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought several of the T10 w/free Ti packages for gifts. I really like the T10, but not so much the Ti... felt cheap, no lube, poor threads, and would be doomed to failure with the sponge spring and double tab switch. Well, it was free.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I bought several of the T10 w/free Ti packages for gifts. I really like the T10, but not so much the Ti... felt cheap, no lube, poor threads, and would be doomed to failure with the sponge spring and double tab switch. Well, it was free.
Agreed The T10 is far nicer, also far more expensive, I purchased a 5 pack of TI's for A$37 = A$7.40 each, my T10 was about A$29.00 with a free TI.

Norm