PowerTac Warrior

fadetoblack73

Newly Enlightened
How can PowerTac get 650 lumens out of their Warrior model using the same technology (XM-L) and power source (2 x cr123) as every other company making somewhere around 500 lumens? Is PowerTac's specifications highly inflated?

Bwolcott

Enlightened
How can PowerTac get 650 lumens out of their Warrior model using the same technology (XM-L) and power source (2 x cr123) as every other company making somewhere around 500 lumens? Is PowerTac's specifications highly inflated?
yes you can get 650 lumens out of an xml but I have the Powertac Gladiator and it definitely isnt putting out the 750 they say it does

fadetoblack73

Newly Enlightened
yes you can get 650 lumens out of an xml but I have the Powertac Gladiator and it definitely isnt putting out the 750 they say it does

I am desperately trying to decide between the PowerTac Warrior and the 4Sevens Maelstrom MM-X to be used as a weapon mounted light on my Mossberg 12-Guage shotgun. I have seen the "Torture Test" video on YouTube for the PowerTac. I have also talked with 4Sevens and they told me that the Maelstrom MM-X has been tested on a Barret .50 caliber rifle. So ... both lights should be capable of handling the abuse of the 12-Guage shotgun. The PowerTac is rated to produce 170 more lumens than the 4Sevens Maelstrom MM-X. But, the PowerTac is around $40 to $50 more than the 4Sevens. If the PowerTac output rating is inflated, then the extra money is wasted. Can anyone please help me with my decision?

Bwolcott

Enlightened
Powertac makes quality lights but I don't think its worth the extra dollars between those two lights I would go with the foursevens

yotehunter

Newly Enlightened
On a shotgun, I wouldn't worry about the extra lumens. It is strictly a short range and likely confined quarters weapon if used in home defense. 500 lumens is absolutely going to blind an intruder and an extra 150 is not going to make 'em any more disoriented. You want something to really blind an intruder, get a light modded with a Cyan LED!