thrunite ti firefly firefly black?

american

Enlightened
do all black lights have firefly mode? or is there two separate versions with different prices?

kj2

Flashaholic
Thrunite Ti comes with firefly or 3lumens mode. For what I know, Thrunite doesn't make the firefly Ti anymore.

american

Enlightened
thanks basically unless you pay double the price for one on eBay only?

Flashlight Enthusiast
thrunite ti firefly came in all colors in January. if that has changed I dunno, but firefly was all colors

american

Enlightened
thanks is the 10 dollar shipped per light on ebay cheapest besides the bundle?

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did not realize they were so inexpensive on ebay. I have had a couple go bad and the firefly mode would not work. I got them thru a US dealer and they were replaced, but am wondering if they do not hold up well?
Thanks,
Jerry

Pretbek

Newly Enlightened
I did not realize they were so inexpensive on ebay. I have had a couple go bad and the firefly mode would not work. I got them thru a US dealer and they were replaced, but am wondering if they do not hold up well?
Thanks,
Jerry

The two modes are accessed with a metal bendy tab inside:
Screw head to internally make contact with the tab = low mode. Screw head tighter to bend the tab and make secondary contact = high mode.
The tab can get fatigued and not bend back anymore, so it doesn't disengage the high-mode anymore.

It is an inexpensive system in an inexpensive light.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The two modes are accessed with a metal bendy tab inside:
Screw head to internally make contact with the tab = low mode. Screw head tighter to bend the tab and make secondary contact = high mode.
The tab can get fatigued and not bend back anymore, so it doesn't disengage the high-mode anymore.

It is an inexpensive system in an inexpensive light.

Thanks for the reply.
Jerry

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks is the 10 dollar shipped per light on ebay cheapest besides the bundle?

I found that on the "make offer" they immediately accepted my $8 offer. I also bought 10x multiple colors for $60.99..........no one else bid :shrug:. I hope this isn't a bad sign. For the price I thought they'd make some nice Christmas Stocking gifts.

Racer

Enlightened
For light duty use I think it's a phenomenal light. Someone like my wife is never going to have any issues with hers because she'll never twist it enough times to make that metal tab sag. She uses it maybe once a week and loves it.

For medium/heavy use I still think it's a good light. But there's some maintenance needed to keeping it functioning properly, and most people probably don't want to have to maintain a $10 flashlight. Also, the Ti can be modified to only keep one mode.

There's also the T10 which is a twisty (with memory) and doesn't have have the quirky two-stage switch like the Ti. So you can get their efficient circuitry and moonlight mode without the hassle of the Ti switch.

Racer

Enlightened
It looks like Illumination Supply is still selling the Firefly model. I know at one time they did the Firefly in all the colors, but you may only be able to get it in black now.

MarkStar

Newly Enlightened
Just this morning I purchased a T10 with a free Ti on ebay for $21.75.

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The T10 is an awesome light, got one with my tn31. Buying from illumination supply is a great idea because you can ask him to check to make sure it works. He's a CPFMP member, and an awesome stand up guy :)

i have the Ti and the t10 and I like the t10 better. Sure it's a little heavier and an AA light but it feels like it'll last.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^ same here - love the T10, but not so much the Ti. Double tab switch is one thing, sponge spring is another. Oddly none of my Ti's came lubed (bought several T10/Ti packages) and its amazing what little thing does in terms of perceived quality.