My first high end flashlight. Fenix PD32 T6. Maintenance advice welcomed.

ObserverJLin

Newly Enlightened
So I've ordered the Fenix PD32 T6 (£59.95) + two AW 18650 3100mAh rechargeable batteries (£17.95 + £17.95 = £35.90) + one Pila IBC Charger (£39.95). Total of £135.80. Approx. USD $220.

Some battery maintenance questions below that have come to my head.

1) When I first receive the flashlight and battery. Should I drain the new battery in the flashlight before charging or should I charge it straight away without using it?
2) Because it is the first charge should I do it differently? I.e. Charge for longer. Although I don't think that would work right? Since the Pila cuts power when full?

I don't know how to maintain a flashlight apart from common sense. So if you feel like sharing some of your experience in maintenance, whether it be flashlight, battery or charger I would really appreciate it
icon7.gif

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always make sure the batt fits...and the light functions correctly. Then proceed to charge it. I just pop them in the charger without any thoughts...I try not to run them down more than half way...then charge them again...lithium have no memory...

Shooter21

Enlightened
I'd strongly advise you to check out the forum about battery safety here. You should never drain a battery completely since it could explode. When it comes to maintenance you should make sure you have some lube on the threads and the orings. If you experience any problems with the light over time you should clean the contact points and apply new lube.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1. when my PD32 ran down to medium, i charged the batteries. never really went past medium. that was probably just under half I guess.

BTW, where did you order from ?.
thanks....:thumbsup:

I'd strongly advise you to check out the forum about battery safety here. You should never drain a battery completely since it could explode. When it comes to maintenance you should make sure you have some lube on the threads and the orings. If you experience any problems with the light over time you should clean the contact points and apply new lube.