Nitecore EC2 issue???

evansjos

Newly Enlightened
Just purchased a Nitecore EC2 and have been happy so far except for one issue. I'm running CR123's, as I don't have an 18650 for it yet, and noticed that my micro mode doesn't work. When I initially put the batteries in and fired it up the micro mode "pulsed", if you will, and was barely visible. All other modes seem to work just fine. Since, I've had the micro mode to activate correctly only once. Could it be the batteries or do I have a faulty light?

CostcoAAcells

Newly Enlightened
I really liked my EC2. The form factor and performance were perfect but it developed problems after a few weeks. It would no longer change modes and it would only stay on high. The vendor was nice enough to exchange it. I paid shipping on both the return and the replacement.
The replacement EC2 did not last either and also developed similar problems after a few weeks. I haven't gotten around to exchanging this one, but I've lost my faith in this model. If it had been more reliable, this would have been that one perfect light for me.

Good luck with yours.

TMCGLASSON36

Newly Enlightened
I was really excited about the EC1 and the EC2 as well. The red led was great for around the house at night, was looking forward to some camping trips with the locater beacon. Unfortunately my EC1 started flickering and not switching modes. Went threw 3 on them, and went threw 2 EC2 that started the same thing. Thats not to mention they are not waterproof at all. Really excited but back to the drawing board for Nitecore. Return it and wait for VER.II

awyeah

Enlightened
Did you have heat issues with your EC1? I think it's getting hotter than it should, especially on the red LED mode. I'm on my second one. I'm considering going to the Eagletac D25C instead.

Patriot

Flashaholic
You guys have me a bit nervous. So far my EC2 has been fine. It doesn't get hot on red LED mode either. I use it as a night light and run it continuously. Hopefully mine doesn't start misbehaving.

Tybo22

Newly Enlightened
I have an EC1 that I use all the time. Perfect EDC light and use it also as a red night lite. I have had it since it came out and have had no problems what so ever. Like Patriot said now I am a little nervous. BTW I use RCR123 not cr123.

awyeah

Enlightened
If it makes you feel any better, my EC1 had problems out of the box.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I've been walking with mine just about every night and I run the red LED continuously while I sleep. It did survive a night about 24" underwater in the fish tank as well. I don't doubt that some units did not live up to IPX8 specs but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's not waterproof at all. If that was the case, it certainly wouldn't have survived '2 feet down' overnight.

Too bad there have been so many issues in general with this model. Nitecore really seems to have problems when they introduce a revolutionary product vs. an evolutionary one. They should do everything possible to get this light squared away because it's got A LOT of cool factor going for it.

Latest posts