Surefire L1

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
All I can say is........keep watch on CPFmarketplace and Ebay, that's the only place's I've found them.

hcd615

Enlightened
How many different generations of the L1 were produced? Is one generation more sought after then another, or go for the latest one?

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many different generations of the L1 were produced? Is one generation more sought after then another, or go for the latest one?

In addition to the six SF L1 generations, the lights were produced with white, red, green and blue LED's. The colored LED's seem to be discontinued before the last Gen 6 lights came out. I seem to remember some discussion about special order infrared L1's but not sure if these really existed or were the work of modders.

The latest Gen 6 lights are arguably the brightest and will run well with an AW RCR123 rechargeable battery unlike many other small Surefire lights.

I wonder if the SF EB1 tactical became the de facto replacement for the L1 after the cancellation of the LX1?

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably the best all around light they ever made. They're insane for taking it out of production.