Where can I find this orange angle flashlight?

U

user1016

Just curious, where can I get one of these?

It's an unofficial orange angle flashlight based on the Fulton MX-991/U flashlight. I used to see them for sale here and there but now in Australia, I can't find them anymore.

If anyone knows of a local store somewhere in the states that sells them, I'd happily pay someone here to buy and ship one here (plus money for their effort).

4TGI5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user1016

Can't seem to get that to work. Every time I've bought anything plastic and painted it orange, the paint flakes off; plastic seems to be incredibly hard to get paint to adhere to. I've even tried plastikote but the same problem persists; the paint just flakes and can be scratched off with a fingernail.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found those style of lights sold online at a quite few army disposal sites located in NZ/AU so maybe they can order on in for you.

U

user1016

I found those style of lights sold online at a quite few army disposal sites located in NZ/AU so maybe they can order on in for you.

Do you remember what any of them were called? I'll check them out and see if they can get me some =)

ragweed

Enlightened
I forgot about the paint coming off. I did a silver metal one in yellow several years ago & it came off in several spots as well.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might consider plastidip. Rupperized coating that comes in colors or a kit you can custom make your own. Ive done some tools in it before, not to bad.

U

user1016

My Google-Fu tells me Patriot Surplus and Vermont's Barre used to carry them, but it was discontinued. And it's a knockoff, not an actual Fulton or service use light.

That's true, although I figured I'd love to get one anyway. I'd have a colour-coded "Fulton" style flashlight for each of my M9 bayonets then. I already have a blue/white one and an olive drab, and it goes well with my Lan-Cays. I reckon it would make part of an interesting colour coded survival kit.

tEFMj.jpg

Never thought to hold onto my orange olin flare gun, would've gone with the orange kit so well.

y6m5z.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
i have one of them modded with a nice XP-G by one of our modders, with a boost circuit. Really a tough light, not light weight and as durable appearing as my Fulton's. Keep it in my car glove box, and monitor for leakage, as I use Alkalies, and do not see any gain using NiMh's.

Bill