Brinkman 3D

Explore NH

Newly Enlightened
Hello, New guy here... I have a couple of Olights and an Illuminati mini and I love the led output. So on to my question.

I have an older Brinkman 3D flashlight. It says 467 under the bezel so I'm not sure if that's the model number or not. It's an all aluminum tube with an incandescent phillips KPR103 bulb. I've searched the site and google and am unable to find out if there is an LED mod available for this model? From my untrained eye it appears to be a maglight clone the only difference I can see is that the bulb retainer looks slightly different from those I've seen on the web.

I'll toss the light if theres not an upgrade or if its cost prohibitive. I just like the feel of this big ole light and would like to keep it in my truck held to the door via a quick fist holder.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Mods...if I've posted to the wrong forum, my apologies and please feel free to move.

Explore NH

Newly Enlightened
Ok...So maybe a picture will be worth some words of advice? Here are 4 pictures of my Brinkman 3d cell flashlight that I'm trying to mod. Any help?

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Toaster79

Enlightened
Use "Advanced search" function and type 3D mag using only titles. Plenty of answers should come up.

Explore NH

Newly Enlightened
Ok...I've done that...Well...to be honest I used google and searched this site using the google logic, but the results are the same. Lots of answers for a "Mag-light" but nothing for one of its clones like the Brinkman.

Try searching for Brinkman? nothing like this shows up. I was hoping someone with experience with this light could help out but it must not have been a very popular light.

I guess I'll just have to try one of the two Malkoff drop in's and if it doesn't fit I'll send it back.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
A normal LED PR swap should work. I'm not sure how much improvement you'll get and how durable the drop-in will be, but it'll work.

PR bulbs don't have much heatsinking, causing the LED to heat up a lot and greatly decreases the life of the LED.

Explore NH

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply. I'm rethinking doing anything with this. I think I'll just keep it as an incandescent relic, and get a newer search light. I recently bought a 3C defiant for so cheap at Home Depot that it really makes me believe that anything I do with this would just be disappointing.

Appreciate the feedback and I'm very impressed with the knowledge base here and the imaginative builds.

Hoop

Enlightened
You should take some measurements; general dimensions as well as the reflector and lens diameter.

Latest posts