MY TK75 arrived in OZ! It's just as good & more than I expected! Other user opinions?

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
MY TK75 arrived in OZ! It's just as good & more than I expected! Other user opinions?

Hi Guys and Gals.

I have just received "my" FENIX TK75 in the first shipment to Australia.

BOY AM I LUCKY!

This thing is "AWESOME" and it is "so light and tiny in size".

It performs very well and "closely" matches the TK70 in the beam shape, LED tint and high output!

The TK75 is a "really well thought out design" that FENIX has achieved in this model of their range.

It is a real winner!!!!

I don't know what could come close to it in the future but for now this one "ticks all of MY boxes". :thumbsup:

I think FENIX "deserves" an "Award of Design Excellence" as long as no bugs or unforeseen issues raise their ugly heads in future months.

For now it is Party Time for me. :party:

FENIX has made some good User Interface (UI) changes mainly by way of the "Bigger" Forward Buttons near the head that was lacking in the TK70 and also in what those buttons can do.

It is a really good looking light as well! :rock:

Only those that have tried it out would know what I mean I suppose.

I can't stop myself from picking it up and playing with it and "admiring what FENIX has achieved" in this model.

The TK75 could be called "an Incarnation of the TK70" but this is so much more than that.

Rather than just being "Evolutionary" it is "Revolutionary" in my eyes!! :naughty:

I would like other TK75 owners or onlookers to voice their opinions in this thread please.

CHEERS :twothumbs

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: MY TK75 arrives in OZ! It's just as good & more than I expected! Other user opini

Your posts make my contacts pop right off my eyeballs.

Dragon8oy

Newly Enlightened
Re: MY TK75 arrives in OZ! It's just as good & more than I expected! Other user opini

Hi Guys and Gals.

BOY AM I LUCKY!

This thing is "AWESOME" and it is "so light and tiny in size".

It performs very well and "closely" matches the TK70 in the beam shape, LED tint and high output!

The TK75 is a "really well thought out design" that FENIX has achieved in this model of their range.

It is a real winner!!!!

I don't know what could come close to it in the future but for now this one "ticks all of MY boxes". :thumbsup:

I think FENIX "deserves" an "Award of Design Excellence" as long as no bugs or unforeseen issues raise their ugly heads in future months.

For now it is Party Time for me. :party:

FENIX has made some good User Interface (UI) changes mainly by way of the "Bigger" Forward Buttons near the head that was lacking in the TK70 and also in what those buttons can do.

It is a really good looking light as well! :rock:

Only those that have tried it out would know what I mean I suppose.

I can't stop myself from picking it up and playing with it and "admiring what FENIX has achieved" in this model.

The TK75 could be called "an Incarnation of the TK70" but this is so much more than that.

Rather than just being "Evolutionary" it is "Revolutionary" in my eyes!! :naughty:

I would like other TK75 owners or onlookers to voice their opinions in this thread please.

Hi

I also have the TK75 and was wondering what your opinion is on the battery holder contacts (the 3 prongs and spring) rubbing against the top contact when tightening and loosening the tailcap. Because i can hear it rubbing when loosening and tighten the tailcap.

Would it cause enough wear and tear for the flashhead contacts to be replaced often or is it just normal operation?

Thanks

Alpinebully

Newly Enlightened

Congrats on the new flashlight mate, sounds like a ripper! My biggest Fenix is the TK35 and thats about as big as id like to go for now. The TK75 sure looks like a beast, again congrats on the score.

mallakoff

Newly Enlightened

Nice one ! I too have a Tk35 and Tk70 , wouldn't mind adding a Tk75 to the collection,sounds like your pretty happy with it mate ,have fun

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Your posts make my contacts pop right off my eyeballs.

Is that a good or bad thing?

I thought it was the content and not the appearance that counted.

The rest is just "window dressing" to liven up a dreary COMMENT or HIGHLIGHT a REAL ISSUE.

Either way you have to see this thing in ACTION.

THAT IS WHAT COUNTS IN THIS THREAD!

JUST BUY IT.

AND YOU WILL BECOME A BELIEVER.

I WISH THAT EVERYONE
COULD HAVE A TK75 TO EXPERIENCE THE SAME
JOY THAT I HAVE FOR IT!

I have only had the TK75 for about 10 hours and it is love at first sight, feel and use.

I have a very good collection of "very useful" lights.

The TK75 now pushes many of them aside now that I have experienced the true magic of it.

My other pride and joy is my SAAB (O.S.T.S) modded TN31 which really does what Michael (CPF member Saabluster) says it can do.

Both the TN31 thrower and the new TK75 all-rounder could easily satisfy everybody as long as they had a smaller "pocket rocket" with a well chosen "Moonlight mode" on it.

Hang an ITP A3 EOS or an Olight I3 on a lanyard around your neck like I do to take care of the smaller everyday things.

Add a "middle ground" 750 lumen Tactical light like the Klarus XT11 and you have a well-rounded piece of kit!

CHEERS

Last edited:

loquutis79

Enlightened

My TK35 does the same contact rubbing thing when taking out the batteries. It's been no trouble yet and I've had it for over a year.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi

I also have the TK75 and was wondering what your opinion is on the battery holder contacts (the 3 prongs and spring) rubbing against the top contact when tightening and loosening the tailcap. Because i can hear it rubbing when loosening and tighten the tailcap.

Would it cause enough wear and tear for the flashhead contacts to be replaced often or is it just normal operation?

Thanks

Hi Dragonboy.

I think you mean "FOUR PRONGS and a SPRING".

You may not believe it, but even I make mistakes.

Very occasionally do I make mistakes as we all know here on CPF in my long-winded chats with fellow CPFers.

"In my opinion" as an "old time" Electrician/Technician/IT/Flashlight Collector type of guy is that it is "a reasonable method of doing things".

It may be "a little different to what flashlight users are used to" but those contacts are "NOT" carrying HUGE amounts of current that would worry that prong.

As long as there is a "reasonable amount" of pressure "exerted" on the TK75 contact ring in the head of this light by that "prong" then everything should be "just fine and dandy".

"In the final outcome of things" you probably won't be using the "AMAZING TK75" all that much as "quite a lot" of high end flashlights become "Shelf Queens" due to the "fast pace of changing lighting technologies" and you will have moved on to something "even better" than the TK75 by then.

Contact wear and tear would "no longer be a real concern" as we thirst for more light in a smaller package and end up buying those "new wonders" just like the TK75 is "RIGHT NOW"!

Even if you were a "real serious user" like a camping enthusiast, mountain climber, fisherman or truck driver I think those contacts like everything else that is "made to a price point" will wear out in a "predetermined" amount of time.

It is just like your car will develop "niggly little faults" or if you are really unlucky some "catastrophic failure" such as the gearbox or motor "just after the warranty has run out".

If you had a light that was designed for all of it's parts to last 20 years instead of about 2 years you would probably in all reality have to pay something like ten times more than the price of a TK75.

It really is like the Volkswagen vs Porsche sc
enario!

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR SO LONG AS YOU CHOOSE WISELY.

CHEERS

Last edited:

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congrats on the new flashlight mate, sounds like a ripper! My biggest Fenix is the TK35 and thats about as big as id like to go for now. The TK75 sure looks like a beast, again congrats on the score.

There is another

"OZZIE" (AUSSIE/AUSTRALIAN/DOWN UNDER CHARACTER) here on CPF.

That makes a "good change" to be communicating with someone from my Homeland.

I don't mind communicating with my friend "NORM" the fair-minded (as far as I am concerned) "CPF MODERATOR" from Victoria here in OZ.

Getting back on Topic.

The FENIX TK75 is quite a "BEAST" for sure and maybe you should "ask SANTA to grant you a very special wish this Christmas" (be it your Mum or other relative in reality).

Let's face it, no "normal" friend is going to "give away" a light like the TK75 to you when they could just keep it for themselves.

So all you are left with is Family and "NOT" friends to buy you one for XMAS if you are lucky!

I collect for the sheer joy it and "usually keep everything that I have bought" only because I can afford to and it has been my "main" passion/hobby/interest/trade tool/ for quite a few years now.

Do you mean that the TK35 is "all you need" or "can afford at the moment" but it is still on your "MOST WANTED" list?

I have lights that I know for sure I will probably never own like the "Polarion HID range" of terrific well designed and field tested lights that Polarion are famous for as used by many Search and Rescue organisations and Government Agencies.

When Polarion prices are up at "about $5000" at least usually it "definitely" puts it out of reach for me unless I had a Lottery win!

CHEERS

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice one ! I too have a Tk35 and Tk70 , wouldn't mind adding a Tk75 to the collection,sounds like your pretty happy with it mate ,have fun

HAPPY, that is "the biggest understatement of my 50 odd years on this Earth".

I am VERY HAPPY WITH IT!!!!

Please do yourself a favour and "at least" look and feel one in the FLESH if you can or look at the reviews that will show the TK75 for what it really is!

It is just MAGICAL!

I have had the TK70 since it first came out and still love it.

The TK75 has "roughly" the same beam profile with a bit more wider spill.

The TK75 is not "too different" in the output and beam colour but in a tiny lightweight "18650 Li-ion and CR123 user friendly" package.

I have been comparing them tonight in my street that rarely sees much traffic as it is a "Dead End".

CHEERS

Last edited:

walterr839

Enlightened

Mine is scheduled for delivery in Rhode Island today

Hope it lives up to my expectations

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine is scheduled for delivery in Rhode Island today

Hope it lives up to my expectations

I think you will like it very much.

I have been carrying on about it to everyone over here that I know and here on CPF!

I thought the US would have had the TK75s by now.

Did you get left out the first time around?

Is this another delivery after the first round of deliveries to your area?

If you like the power and User Interface of the TK70, then imagine it in a tiny little lightweight package that can use the most commonly used Li-ion battery nowadays being the 18650 (more like 18700 now) and primary CR123s as well and there you have it.

It is a real WINNER and KEEPER for me so far.

It is getting rather late here in OZ at 3:40am, I think it is time for me to "hit the sack".

Good night CPFers.

CHEERS

Alpinebully

Newly Enlightened

G'day Oz, always good to see more Aussies here. I used to be quite into CPF nearly 10years ago, there certainly seems to be a hell of a lot more of us here these days. 'Back then' i picked up a few nice McGizmo's and also some Surefire's, they have served me very well. Perhaps too well as i never needed to buy another flashlight.... But the way LEDs have changed over the last few years ive decided it was time to update myself!

Sadly i think i was spoiled by the lights i purchased back then as ive found now the LED tints (tint lotteries) and beam's today on the Chinese lights hasnt met my expectations.

As per my post above, the TK35 is physically the largest flashlight id use. I much prefer the single RCR123 or 2x at the largest sized lights, and now while 'updating' ive come across these 18650 cells... So im really focusing on single 18650 cell flashlights for the extended run times over the 1x or 2x RCR123 lights.

It really would be something if there was an Aussie area on the forums inc. a for sale area as again there really seems to be more and more of us here. I managed to attend the last Victorian CPF meet which was fantastic, i got to meet many great people inc. Norm.

harro

Enlightened

Hi OTF;
Congrats on your new purchase. I'm going to look at one also, and was curious if you procured it locally or o/s ( PM me if you wish ). Did you get a body extender with yours?
Best wishes;
Mike.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

G'day Oz, always good to see more Aussies here. I used to be quite into CPF nearly 10years ago, there certainly seems to be a hell of a lot more of us here these days. 'Back then' i picked up a few nice McGizmo's and also some Surefire's, they have served me very well. Perhaps too well as i never needed to buy another flashlight.... But the way LEDs have changed over the last few years ive decided it was time to update myself!

Sadly i think i was spoiled by the lights i purchased back then as ive found now the LED tints (tint lotteries) and beam's today on the Chinese lights hasnt met my expectations.

As per my post above, the TK35 is physically the largest flashlight id use. I much prefer the single RCR123 or 2x at the largest sized lights, and now while 'updating' ive come across these 18650 cells... So im really focusing on single 18650 cell flashlights for the extended run times over the 1x or 2x RCR123 lights.

It really would be something if there was an Aussie area on the forums inc. a for sale area as again there really seems to be more and more of us here. I managed to attend the last Victorian CPF meet which was fantastic, i got to meet many great people inc. Norm.

I think you are right about having an area on CPF where us Aussies can sell, trade or swap lights that we do not have a use for anymore or where we can arrange field tests to take photos or videos of our lights.

Norm is a fairly reasonable moderator in my mind (and OZZIE AS WELL) going by what he has helped me with or explained to me why my posts had to be edited in the past.

Maybe Norm could have some ideas on setting up an Aussie area on CPF.

I am sure that many other Aussie CPFers such as myself would like to participate in "Flashlight Comparison" field tests fairly regularly as more and more lights become available and we buy them and realise that we can't find a local area where we can safely compare our prized possessions out to find out just how good each one performs.

Finding the right area that caters for both small and much bigger lights is not that easy.

You also have to keep in mind what the viewer needs to see in any photo comparisons that are done so that the scene shows objects that are at regular intervals and are known to be at a set distance (by Laser Sighting or some other form of measuring the distance).

By c
arefully choosing the area and placing various objects into the scene that don'
t just reflect back like road signs the viewer will get a reasonable impression of what the light will perform like in the real world.

T
he viewer should be able get most of the information that is needed by using these videos to be able to make an "informed choice" of which lights the viewer will have a look at in reviews such as those posted on this Lighting Forum and in person at their local dealer.

It is good to be able to cover the foreground by using trees with long hanging branches to see the spill width at closer ranges and also if regular everyday objects placed downrange along the line of sight (dummies or cardboard cut-outs that resemble everyday people) that show where the spill and the throw diminishes or ends when the beam finally can't be seen.

The method that Marshall uses to do his Flashlight Comparisons at his Goingprepared website on Youtube is very well done and the way he does his shorter backyard comparisons for much less powerful lights is very well done also.

His individual light reviews are very well done too.

The link to the Goingprepared website is below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUOu6NNP3Cw&list=PL5DCCDFBD44A19BCB&index=145

The link that I have picked above is "Episode 7" in the series of these "Comparison Videos".

This episode covers twenty (20) of the latest flashlights that have been released and he covers some that were not used last time due to not having their battery charged up or just plain forgetting some.

There are 141 light comparisons that Marshall has done in all of the series so far.

Marshall's method of doing "Flashlight Comparison videos" sets the "BENCHMARK" for those that would like to do some themselves.

CHEERS

Last edited:

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Really enjoying mine so far. It seems like a quality build and one of the best performing triple XM-L's I've handled yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMBIxqEEblY

It has completely surpassed all of my expectations for what could be called

"The Incarnation of the TK70".

I don't care what it could be called.

I just call it GREAT!!!

It is such a great compact version of the TK70 that still has me asking myself.

HOW DID FENIX DO IT SO WELL?

CHEERS

jay_rush

Unenlightened
Re: MY TK75 arrived in OZ! It's just as good & more than I expected! Other user opini

Hi Guys and Gals.

BOY AM I LUCKY!

i received mine on the gold coast a couple days before u then, u must have been the 5th shipment or something ;) .(ebay from china all the way) yes its is very crazy amazing :twothumbs

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: MY TK75 arrived in OZ! It's just as good & more than I expected! Other user opini

i received mine on the gold coast a couple days before u then, u must have been the 5th shipment or something ;) .(ebay from china all the way) yes its is very crazy amazing :twothumbs

Only by a few days though. :scowl:

How did you get to the start of the Queue?

A relative in Australia Post I suppose!

Maybe it was just the luck of the draw.

I picked mine up last Yesterday 8-12-2012 in Sydney.What day did you get yours?We are lucky to get these at all over here in OZ and so quickly as well!

My dealer said delivery would be some time in early January.

I am glad we got them well before that.Now it is PLAYTIME!

I hope you like it as much as I do!

The TK75 is a BIG WINNER and a KEEPER for me so far (fingers crossed).

dongkoo

Newly Enlightened

:twothumbs

My light

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]