Ra Clicky 120 Ultimate mod

strideredc

Enlightened
I have a Ra clicky thats my top light, its the narrow golden dragon 120 version and i am thinking of modding it with a warm white led, i take it the new dragon leds are kicking out much more then the old ones. i dont want another make led as i want to keep it looking as standard as possible and the reflector focused ect

What bin model do i need???

Thanks Ra fans:D

Pöbel

Enlightened
There is no new golden dragon which can compete with current offerings of other makes. Trim down the small centering poles and go Nichia 219, XP-G2 or XP-2. It's not hard to do. focus is no problem as well if you adjust the star hight. For more fun there are options involving a bit more work.
nichia1.jpg

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Ra clicky thats my top light, its the narrow golden dragon 120 version and i am thinking of modding it with a warm white led, i take it the new dragon leds are kicking out much more then the old ones. i dont want another make led as i want to keep it looking as standard as possible and the reflector focused ect

What bin model do i need???

Thanks Ra fans:D

Forget the Osram GD LED. Use a CREE XP-G2 on a 1mm board, and it will be perfectly focused in the stock reflector. Spend some time centering the LED before the thermal adhesive cures, and connect the leads to the LED board with short jumpers. The difference in brightness will blow you away.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 140n went from an osram gd to an xp-e r2 (cw 5000k). I recently switched that out to an xp-g2 R5 3D. I love the tint. It is a clean white at high output and slowly becomes more "golden" as you move to lower output levels. It is a huge increase in output over the stock led.

The switch from gd to xp-e yeilded a slight increase in hotspot size and a noticeable increase in throw (not huge, id say another 10-15 yards of clearly visible throw, due to the increased efficiency of the led resulting in a higher surface brightness). The swap from xpe to xpg2 doubled my hotspot size, but throw is probably the same as the original gd (a net loss of about 10 yards of throw). The overall increase in hotspot size and spill intensity makes it an all around more useful light but and I do so love the tint.

I think ill order an xpe2 next though. Going to hold off on installing my high cri nichia 219, cus im a sucker for nwutral tints amd I dont wanna get spoiled by it