• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Oblivion Movie 2013: Flashlights by Oveready / TorchLAB

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Poster:

Trailer:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/oblivion/

Select stills:

oblivion1.jpg

oblivion2.jpg

oblivion3.jpg

oblivion6.jpg

oblivion7.jpg

oblivion8.jpg

oblivion9.jpg

oblivion10.jpg

oblivion11.jpg

Last edited:

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Oblivion 2013: Flashlights by Oveready / TorchLAB

Which drop-in is in the rifle? The 1600 lumens XPG-2?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Re: Oblivion 2013: Flashlights by Oveready / TorchLAB

The rifle uses a custom Moddoolar head with L3N/XPG engine, on a ZRS body/tail (one cell).

Edit to add: we created multiple light sets, not all of which were L3N

Last edited:

samuraishot

Enlightened
Awesome, guys! Good job! :)

There's going to be a major increase in demand for Oveready lights!

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good for them. Hopefully production will keep up with demand.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's cool!

I think it would have been better if they hadn't covered up most of the light under the rifle handguard.
The lights look cool enough to show them off in their total nakedness!

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats! The real question is, what will be the fate of the famous light?

Also, do repeated takes cause runtime/heat issues?

jalal20

Enlightened
Have you taken photos of the flashlight before leaving to Hollywood :)? i'd like to see how it looked like before its day-view

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's going to be a major increase in demand for Oveready lights!
Actually I doubt that. Have you ever seen anyone (outside of our nerd community) wanting to buy a light because he saw it in a movie and thought it was really cool? Especially when it is built into a futuristic gun. People won´t think "wow what a cool light" but rather "wow what a cool gun" and since they can´t get the gun anyway (unless they are in for props) they won´t be looking. And us around here, well we already know how great the Oveready/TorchLab stuff is.

Congratulations ElectronGuru and Moddoo :thumbsup: It´s really cool to see the light in mayor hollywood production.
Who approached you (if you can tell)? Is there maybe a flashoholic involved in the production?

Eric

samuraishot

Enlightened
Actually I doubt that. Have you ever seen anyone (outside of our nerd community) wanting to buy a light because he saw it in a movie and thought it was really cool? Especially when it is built into a futuristic gun. People won´t think "wow what a cool light" but rather "wow what a cool gun" and since they can´t get the gun anyway (unless they are in for props) they won´t be looking. And us around here, well we already know how great the Oveready/TorchLab stuff is.

Congratulations ElectronGuru and Moddoo :thumbsup: It´s really cool to see the light in mayor hollywood production.
Who approached you (if you can tell)? Is there maybe a flashoholic involved in the production?

Eric

Hahaha sooo true! We're the only ones who would notice the light on the gun :D

Unless, we watch the movie with non-flashaholics and tell them, "Hey, I know where you could buy that light if you wanted one..."

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hahaha sooo true! We're the only ones who would notice the light on the gun :D

Unless, we watch the movie with non-flashaholics and tell them, "Hey, I know where you could buy that light if you wanted one..."

Even better if you pull it out of your pocket and show them!

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even better if you pull it out of your pocket and show then!
I can tell you what I´ll be doing this afternoon when a good friend visits :devil:

I´ll whip out my 3 triple lights and show him the stills. But no need for concern, he´s not going to spend that amount on a dropin anyway, not even on a complete light ;) (curse of the non-flashoholics since they´ll never experience these great lights for themselfs).

Eric

Last edited:

Nite

Enlightened
Wow. Congratulations! This is really Awesome. As a film Major turned flashaholic, I find this very Amazing. I'm glad someone on the set and prop design actually did some research and selected a cool looking, very, very bright, small, light.

I think I need to buy Myself one of those lights. Especially if I like the movie! I will start saving up now.

Last edited:

IsaacL

Enlightened
I just discovered OR on another forum and I'm pretty sure there's a Moddoolar in my future. I can't wait to see this movie!