Thrunite Archer 2A XP-G2 ; 1A XP-G2 - new lights

Dubois

Enlightened
Seems like Thrunite are launching new products on eBay these days. Hot on the heels of their updated Ti - the Ti2 - is this Archer:

From their specs:

LED: CREE XP-G2 LED with a lifespan of 20+ years of run time.
Max 272lumen output using 2 1.2v 2800mAh rechargeable AA batteries.
Firefly:0.2lm.678hours; Low:24lm.22hours;Mid90lm.5hours;Max Output:272lm.75minutes;Strobe:272lm.2.5hours.
Working voltage:0.9v to 4.2v.

Nice to see true firefly mode back.

They also have a 1 AA version, Archer 1A:

LED: CREE XP-G2 LED with a lifespan of 20+ years of run time.
Max 178lumen output using 1 1.5v AA battery.
Firefly:0.2lm.249hours; Low:24lm.6hours;Mid80lm.1.5hours;Max Output:178lm.58minutes;Strobe:178lm.2.5hours.
Working voltage:0.9v to 4.2v.

Don't know if these are simply updates of their neutron lights.

Odd to launch on eBay, but then again, a lot of what Thrunite is doing these days seems odd.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Max 272lumen output using 2 1.2v 2800mAh rechargeable AA batteries.

Thanks for info.
272 lumens with 2x Eneloop AA?? that's btw the same specs as Quark AA² (xml or xp-g2)!

And I blow this away with 1x Eneloop AA and 280 lumens, my SC52 pah!

Last edited:

AFearlessBirdOfParadise

Newly Enlightened
Is it fair to say this is a forward clicky updated Neutron?

Because the one thing I wanted was a forward clicky Neutron. What bothered me the most was the pictures said it was tactical forward clicky switches when it was really reverse.

I like the mode spacing, I like the moonlight, I like that the 1A works with 14500s (and historically Thrunites are hella bright so I'll guess 350-400 lumens on a 14500), has memory, and now I like the momentary.

I would have liked a hidden strobe in the UI though. I also don't like twisting for modes, but I get that it's needed to solve the constant mode switching when using momentary rapidly.

At almost half the price this might just replace the V11R+Extender that was on my wishlist. Now to wait and see how floody the beam is relative to it [V11R].

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it... another AA/14500 light w/moonlight mode. From my tests Thrunite delivers on its lumen specs.... unlike some other manufacturer's overzealous claims. Wish it had a single digit low mode though. Huge gap between FF and L while the upper end seems a too closely spaced.

coolwiki2013

Newly Enlightened
XP-G2 light is very bright.I like it.
I found thrunite have made some bid each week.today two guys have won them. Luky man.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
any early adopters already using these lights? I have a 1A on the way but still hasnt arrived. UI's like a lumintop L1x series, but this one has a moonlight mode which i may be able to use at my night light.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
hahaha! you were bidding it too in Ebay? haha :) Sure, i will post pictures and my review when it arrives. unfortunately, after checking the tracking, it has just prepared to leave Hong Kong (bummer) so that's a good two/three weeks down the road... awwww

cyclesport

Enlightened
hahaha! you were bidding it too in Ebay? haha :) Sure, i will post pictures and my review when it arrives. unfortunately, after checking the tracking, it has just prepared to leave Hong Kong (bummer) so that's a good two/three weeks down the road... awwww

I eagerly look forward to your first impressions when you get this light. I picked up a Neutron 1A on a whim during TN's X-mas promo for $36. Although the tint was too cool for my liking, I'm totally surprised at how much I like this light and the deep reflector design that generates a smaller dia., super-bright spill making it seem like one gigantic bright hotspot. The longer I have this light the more amazed I am at how bright this light seems (or actually is?) on a 14500 and NiMH...even selfbuilt's 450/240 (14500/Eneloop) OTF measurment seems woefully underated, and the efficiency is great since this light seems to run forever on an Eneloop or 14500. Really like the true moonlight mode and general spacing too.

The Archer 1A with its neutral tint option and forward clicky addresses two big shortcomings with the Neutron series. If early buyers start to post favorable comments I may have to jump on one of these...just wished they would have shortened it somewhat during the redesign since it's still quite long for a single AA light.

Last edited:

dame

Newly Enlightened
Where did you notice they offer archer lights with neutral tint? I see that XP-G2 can have neutral tint, but there is nothing about neutral tint on TN page.
I realy prefer neutral over cool white despite lower output. Good looking lights. I wish strobe mode is hidden, but all in all NICE :D

cyclesport

Enlightened
Where did you notice they offer archer lights with neutral tint? I see that XP-G2 can have neutral tint, but there is nothing about neutral tint on TN page.
I realy prefer neutral over cool white despite lower output. Good looking lights. I wish strobe mode is hidden, but all in all NICE :D

You can order the Archer 1A at the Thrunite online store, click on new arrivals, and the Archer 1A and you'll see a drop-down box allowing you to choose cool or neutral tint.

Globi23

Newly Enlightened
I ordered (should arrive next week) the CW Archer because I thought for a thrower the brighter the better :p

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
I am hoping that the Archer has the same narrow but very bright spill that the Neutron 1A has.

I look forward to reading someone's thoughts about the spill of the Archer

Globi23

Newly Enlightened
My Archer 1A arrived. Very bad that it has not the same options like the neutron. The good thing about it is, you wont accidently turn off the light when chaning modes, because now you have to screw on the head. No SOS or Turbo. Post pictures later

Globi23

Newly Enlightened
The torch feels solid built. The "klick" button is a little harder to press and concave compared against the neutron.

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Chaning the modes by rotating works fine, even one handed, because its very smooth. (Unlike my T21...)[/FONT]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14500 Battery AW 750mah:

Beam profile comparison, up Neutron, down Archer,
Bild1: Neutron high, Bild2: Neutron Turbo

The Neutron is a tiny bit floodier, maybe visible in pictrue 2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beam at approx 4m:
1 Archer, 2 Neutron

Throw test in the Garden
1 Neutron High, 2 Neutron Turbo, 3 Archer

Notice that the Turbo mode on the Neutron only works for about 20 sec, then it shuts down, get's guite hot!
So to be fair you better compare the High Modes

Last edited:

Globi23

Newly Enlightened
With normal 1.5V Batteries (2450mah) you get much longer runtimes. (The 750mah Liion Batteries are done very quickly...)

So now that the comparison is fair, I hope you can see the difference in the pictures below.
The new Archer is more handy for outdoor. The Neutron is more or less a pure flooder (unless with direct driven Turbo, then its so brith it kinda throws ^^), very nice for indoor.

Side-by-side:

Neutron:

Archer:

Profil: (Archer on the right)

Outdoor:
Neutron

Archer

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mit normalen 1.5V Akkus (2450mah) was natürlich eine deutlich längere Laufzeit gibt. (Die 750mah Liion akkus sind leider sehr schnell durchgebraten...)

So ist der Vergleich nun fair, ich hoffe der Unterschied kommt in den Bildern rüber.
Die neue Archer ist für draussen doch besser geeignet. Die Neutron macht als fast reiner flooder va. indoor viel Spass.

Nebeneinander:

Neutron:

Archer:

Profil: (Archer Rechts)

Outdoor:
Neutron

Archer

bratwurst sauerkraut brechen möchten kratzen

:crackup:

Globi23

Newly Enlightened
haha sry didn't had the time yet to translate the text to a "more common" language ;P

agent80

Newly Enlightened
How long does the Archer run on turbo mode with the 14500. Does it step down after 20 seconds? How many lumens is it with the 14500?

Thanks