Jetbeam RRT-01 Arrival

thaugen

Enlightened
I just purchased the Jetbeam RRT-01 to hold me over while I am waiting for my HDS Rotary HCRI and 200 to arrive. I read some positive reviews, found a great price at a "going" dealer and placed my order not expecting too much...

Wowza! I was blown away by the quality of this little light that could!

The light Orange Peal reflector (not smooth as reported by some) has a perfect ring free beam. The tint on the perfectly centered XM-L T6 is an eye pleasing neutral white with no hints of purple or green on any levels. The fit and finish is excellent, the magnetic control smooth and infinitely variable from moonlight low to 500 lumens of high with an 18350. I appreciate the battery versatility with this light, 18350, 16340, RCR123a, CR123A can all be used safely in this light. Finally, the clip is small but useful and the light tailstands perfectly without any wobble as reported by some users.

I can't wait to put this light through its paces, but it looks like a keeper!

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Later model RRT-01 and TCR-01s supposedly have an OP reflector. The earlier built versions all have smooth reflectors. Definitely the OP reflector is better.

thaugen

Enlightened
Later model RRT-01 and TCR-01s supposedly have an OP reflector. The earlier built versions all have smooth reflectors. Definitely the OP reflector is better.

That makes sense. I was happy to see the OP reflector, but did not find any reviews of the RRT-01 with an OP reflector.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is smooth too?

Also Tom beware if you pocket carry this,mine keeps turning on in the pocket!
I got a holster for it but it never gets to ride in there because the HDS 120 does,thanks again.

Ed

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine seems to have concentric "ridges" around the bottom (close to the led) and then smoothing out away from the led. Which reflector type is this? :confused:

That's the smooth reflector. The OP reflector has a very noticeable orange-peel shaped texture over the entire reflector. The smooth reflector throws a little further but is very ringy. The orange-peel reflector produces a perfect beam pattern with zero rings.

tallyram

Newly Enlightened
I've been enjoying mine since May with 100% reliability. The smooth reflector isn't bad at all on my sample, but I don't really white wall hunt. I haven't had any accidental activations due to the very strong detent at the off position on my sample. This little guy is in my pocket every day, literally! Oh yeah, has a nice tint as well. And the anodize seems very durable. I jumped out of my truck really quick one day and the seat belt caught the pocket clip and yanked it off of my pants and onto concrete. I was very amazed at the lack of damage. A couple of tiny dings on the bezel and one spot of anodize the size of a needle point was missing! Still looks new!

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow - I am definitely in interested to know when that reflector change occurred. I've owned at least 5 rrt01s and tcr1s and none of them have had OP reflectors. Myself and others have had to mod other OP reflectors to fit for a non-ringy beam.

I will say that the smooth reflector, although ringy, has shown to have considerably more throw than any OP mod I have put in.

Anyone know if the vendors have access to obtain new replacement ones for the older lights?

jst1tymr

Newly Enlightened
They must have just recently changed the reflectors. I just received mine at the beginning of Dec and it came with the smooth reflector. Though thats not to say that the dealer had this as a NOS on the shelf. I still like it a lot for the quality and potential 500 lumens from a RCR123a. I just missed out on the TC R1 after selling my TC R2 a week or so ago.

RollingRage

Newly Enlightened
Perfect, I was debating whether I should get a Sunwayman V11R or the RRT01, one concern has been the beam ring (not really a big deal but when they are so close in specs). Now that it's cleared up I would rather take the RRT as it doesn't have the bum light switch found on the Sunwayman.

What's the durability and seals like on these ring switches? I'm going to be bringing it out camping and I'm worried about dirt and gunk getting under and making it gritty and hard to operate.

e1sbaer

Newly Enlightened
The RRT-01 light is the light I like best of my collection. Would like to order another one with an OP reflector but the description says, "New two-section curved reflector custom-designed for CREE LEDs i". Whether that means an OP relfector, I don't know.