Beam Shot of S20 Baton in comparison to......

paulsl

Enlightened
The picture is blurred but you can see how green the tint on the Olight S20 Baton is. I'm appalled. The lights from top left clockwise are Jetbeam II IBIS (Q5); Deerelight C2H XPG; Olight S20 Baton and Fenix PD30 (R4).
20121210144708.jpg

I hope this works. Since the S10 is just about the same I didn't include it. Sorry for the quality but the tint is clear. All are CW and on maximum setting.

20121210144708.jpg

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Olight i1 XMLT6 is the same green. It's a great little EDC light, but it's tint is just too green. I'm not going to buy another Olight XML light.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep that is puke green or otherwise known as cat pi$% green, I'd be down about it as well. My regular S10 is almost neutral and I looked very forward to getting a S20 but with all these bad tint reports I'd only buy one if I knew it was going to have an ok tint and that would mean asking a dealer who knows what their looking at to check the tint before sending it out.

paulsl

Enlightened
I'm going to return both the S20 and S10. I'm bummed because I love the interface and the small size of the S10 but it's just too green. I can handle a little green if I really like the light otherwise but this is too much for me. If they produce a NW, I'll get it or maybe I can convince my GF to give me the Ti version of the S10 which is NW for my B'day or Christmas (4 days apart)!

paulsl

Enlightened
Wow, you're lucky as both S10 and S20 I received were about the same. I called the dealer and was told they are all like that. Can you PM me the dealer you got it from please?

Yep that is puke green or otherwise known as cat pi$% green, I'd be down about it as well. My regular S10 is almost neutral and I looked very forward to getting a S20 but with all these bad tint reports I'd only buy one if I knew it was going to have an ok tint and that would mean asking a dealer who knows what their looking at to check the tint before sending it out.

Ti²C

Newly Enlightened
It's not due to the led itself, tintshift is normal with an underdriven led in a current controlled light.

Up All Night

Enlightened
:shakehead.......I can't post what I think of that! I wil say this, if I was selling these and all my stock looked like that, right back to Olight they go!

paulsl

Enlightened
It probably is a bit greener due to being under driven but the LED itself has a green tint otherwise, it wouldn't be so green. The proof is in the (puked) pudding!

It's not due to the led itself, tintshift is normal with an underdriven led in a current controlled light.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
It probably is a bit greener due to being under driven but the LED itself has a green tint otherwise, it wouldn't be so green. The proof is in the (puked) pudding!

Yup. I think it's a combination of poor choice of tint + underdriven emitter.

My S10 looked the same. Incredibly green tint. About the greenest of all my lights, only matched by the green tint on my 4sevens mini AA. I swapped the emitter for a 5000k neutral XML. That got rid of the green, but everything now had a yellowish tint. I then tried a 4000k XML, which gave everything and orange tint. None of the XML emitters I tried gave satisfactory performance to me. And I felt that color rendition looked poor. I finally tried a Nichia 219 92 CRI... beautiful neutral tint with great color rendition and no hint of green.... but not as bright as the XMLs.

I have a lot of XML lights, but the ones with the best tints are the Eagletac D25 neutrals and my Spark SL190w all around 4500k.

Patriot

Flashaholic
How does a product like this make it through the system of checks and QC? They obviously don't have good people in key area's who would otherwise head this failure off.

This light had been on my wish list. :(

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Does anyone has both an Olight I1EOS and an Olight S10 or S20? My I1EOS has a White/yellow tint with some green in it, but i consider it ok. Is the beam of the S10 and S20 similar or is it greener than the EOSI1?

paulsl

Enlightened
The S10 and S20 are the greenest I've seen but I haven't seen yours.

K9Patrol

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, tint shift is normal like Gi2c said above, though these are beyond normal.. My S10 is green on max output w/rcr123.

Up All Night

Enlightened
Regardless of how much work goes into the design/engineering of a flashlight, it all culminates with what comes out of the window when you turn it on. When the result is something like this, why bother? Every current controlled light I own has a "shift" at lower levels. When I say "shift", I mean a slight pale hint of green. No surprise, I expect it! When set to their designed drive levels(high, max, turbo, etc..) they all present as white. Some cool, some neutral, some warm, these "labels" are my interpretations. One thing they have in common is they are all based on "white". What I see in that beamshot is just GREEN, not a "shift" or under-driven emitter, just a bad colour. It's baffling really, not for just Olight but any manufacturer. Design and build a winner(for all intents and purposes) and have it turn into a steaming pile when you turn it on! Time for these manufacturers to start thinking how their lights perform beyond the drawing board. Start at the most important part and work from there!!

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone has both an Olight I1EOS and an Olight S10 or S20? My I1EOS has a White/yellow tint with some green in it, but i consider it ok. Is the beam of the S10 and S20 similar or is it greener than the EOSI1?

I would like to be able to comment on this issue as I own all three of these flashlights and another twelve Olight flashlights but apparently I have said enough on this issue.

What I will do is post a photo of the beam tints of these three lights and add a "very white but not blue light" with them to give you an idea of what the colours are like.

Update

Comparison photos added to post no 21.

CHEERS

Last edited:

MattSPL

Enlightened
I'm going to put a cool or neutral white XM-L2 into my S10-Ti, once i find somewhere to buy one.