Z57 Clickie TOO soft!!!

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Z57 that is so touchy that I have to lock it out in order to keep it off!. If the cap is screwed on down, you can shake it and it will "strobe" Now that is SENSITIVE! No flickering problem or anything, but is there a way to make this any better without sending it in?

Darell

Flashaholic
Mike -

It sounds to me like maybe the rubber boot is putting pressure on the nubbin. The only way you're gonna be able to track this down is to disembowl it, I'm afriad. If it isn't the boot being somehow too tight, then it might be the little legs of the switch that grab the... uh... disk thingy (this all makes more sense once you see the inside) that might be bent in too much or something. Just guessing. I've certainly not seen one that'll light with a shake! Yikes.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bushman,

It probably just needs a little "tweaking" of the plunger spring or the contact legs. I'd be happy to take a look at it for you at no charge. I'm pretty sure I could fix it assuming that none of the parts are actually broken. Has it always been like this? Was the switch ever taken apart?

Peter

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darell, I think I follow you perfectly! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
Lit, I may take you up on that offer. It has never been taken apart. Actually I asked PK to send me one that was soft but this has loosened up significantly over the past 4 weeks or so to this point. It was soft to begin with but there was some significant travel to the push button before it would light up.

something else if you pinch the boot from the sides and make the top of the rubber boot "tent" up, it lights up too!

There is something rattling around in the switch. Is this normal? It will not light up unless you put some sort of pressure on it though.. It has to be a downward shake and pretty good one at that to get it to "strobe"

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
The switch shouldn't rattle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Drop it in a small padded mailer (no need to go to the PO) with .49 on it and send it down to Fl, and I'll take a look.

If I can't fix it, I won't charge you. If I can fix it, I still won't charge you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Let me know, and I'll PM you the address.

Peter