SureFire - 6PX vs Original 6P/6PL

awyeah

Enlightened
I'm thinking about getting a SureFire 6PX. I haven't really seen much of SureFire's current lineup, the last SureFire I had was an original 6P LED, the 80 lumen model. I'm wondering how the current lineup (e.g. the 6PX) compares in terms of build quality. I understand the head can't be removed for an upgrade anymore... other than that, anything I need to be aware of? Are they still as solid as they used to be?

benthiccracker

Enlightened
if you are going to get one try to find the new 320 lumen version instead of the 200 lumen ones that everybody is trying to offload. They are still solid lights. I would even say just go ahead and get a Fury. You can find the 2 mode for between $90 and $150

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The knurling on the 6P is hard to pass up. Just got to love the feel of the 6P. You could source yourself some LED drop-in as an upgrade to your 6P and call it a day. If you really want to get the 6PX, may I also suggest the Fury P2X? I love the beam and output of this light. Do note that the Fury, just like the 6PX Pro, comes on low output on the first click so if you are intending for this to be a tactical light do consider the single output version.

awyeah

Enlightened
I went ahead and picked up a 6PX Pro 320 lumen version. I originally got the tactical but the spring was digging into the battery quite a bit... Anyway, I really like the low mode.

I kind of wish it had the tactical switch, so maybe I will be able to order one at some point and file down the spring a little. Can you get those separately?

For tons of lumens, I have my Fenix TK41. The 320 lumens fills a hole in my collection.

I also picked up the rubber tactical rings which help with the grip.

Anyway, I hope this is as good as my old 6PL was, quality-wise.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think there is anyway you could get the switch separately. Surefire don't seem to be selling them. Maybe you could give them a call to check?