What's going on over at Zebralight?

Dukester2

Newly Enlightened
Sent my H502d back to Zebralight for exchange because upon receipt it never did work. I get an email from them today saying they are going to refund me money.... Did they discontinue this model?

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be flaberghasted if they did so soon! They are still available on their site.

Can you be more precise on:
- how it did not work
-what battery you put in it
-what did you try to make it work

nitrofein

Newly Enlightened
I think a family member may of just ordered a h502c for me, hope it gets here and works if they did in fact buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dukester2

Newly Enlightened
I would be flaberghasted if they did so soon! They are still available on their site.

Can you be more precise on:
- how it did not work
-what battery you put in it
-what did you try to make it work

* I would click it on and it would (maybe) come on for maybe a minute then it would die. There were two episodes whereas the body of the Headlamp would heat up considerably but would not emit light. And finally the headlamp would not come on at all.

* Freshly charged Eneloops and also tried freshly charged NIMHS.

* Not quite sure what you mean by your last question? I clicked it on and it did not work as advertised.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
* I would click it on and it would (maybe) come on for maybe a minute then it would die. There were two episodes whereas the body of the Headlamp would heat up considerably but would not emit light. And finally the headlamp would not come on at all.

* Freshly charged Eneloops and also tried freshly charged NIMHS.

* Not quite sure what you mean by your last question? I clicked it on and it did not work as advertised.

I thought maybe it just wasn't coming on, so I was curious if you cleaned the thread, tried another battery, etc. Definitely sounds like a defective light. MojaveMoon07 saw what I missed; they are just back ordered and they are usually picky on tint, so if they are waiting for a new batch of LEDs or swamped with Christmas orders, it could take a month before they get a new batch. I definitely don't think they will discontinue the H502 series until they improve something.

Edit: if you're lucky, they'll add 14500 support like the SC52

Last edited:

Dukester2

Newly Enlightened
Mystery solved... The H502 is back in stock and I just rordered the H502d just a few minutes ago. Zebralight is without a doubt in my mind a Stand Up Company.

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
they are just back ordered and they are usually picky on tint, so if they are waiting for a new batch of LEDs or swamped with Christmas orders, it could take a month before they get a new batch

I had not thought of the possibility that the delay might be due to a combination of the manufacturer waiting for a new batch of LEDs and waiting for a batch that meets their criteria.

At the moment that I am posting this, the 502 is still listed as "Back Order" while, like Dukester2 said, the 502c and 502d are now listed as in stock.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too see them as in stock... at least today I do (didn't check availability while I was on the road.)