Surefire e2e Executive Defender (LED upgrade head needed)

passive101

Enlightened
My friend has an older e2e defender from Surefire. It's a great light, but currently not LED. I see Surefire has some conversion heads, but they are crazy expensive.

What are the best alternatives around 60 dollars for him to upgrade his light with? We're looking for around 200 lumens as it run on 2x123A batteries. It's currently a single setting light, but having at least 2 brightness settings would be awesome.

Or would he be better off just buying the G2X Pro dual output?

Last edited:

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumens Factory E Series LED Head Unit (3.7V-9V, 3 Mode), Gen 2

Three modes; 5%, 30% and 100%.

Max output is around 348 lumens at the emitter, translating to roughly 280 OTF lumens.

$52 over at Lighthound.

gravelrash

Enlightened
Yeah, what enomosiki said above, but I'd also ask him to consider selling the e2e and buying a Zebralight or another nice bright led light. There are plenty of incan nuts (myself included) who still love incandescent light and the e2e was made for it.

Mikeg23

Enlightened
There was the veleno designs E series drop-in available I think as single mode, two mode, or three mode... However I think you would have to get it used on the market place.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I too am looking for a drop-in for my email series light. I have a Veleno for another light. It is amazing. I wish I could purchase more. The TLS even series head from opticshq is pretty nice if you can find one of those, at one time it could be had with a very toothy head. I am interested to see what others recommend.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that's covered all the basics.

The more expensive, but more flexible route, is to by a VME head and use a standard drop-in, but that just doubled your budget.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
The TLS head and VME head are both very nice, but the original surefire e series head is so much shorter. I am keeping my eyes open for a veleno drop in because I want to continue to use the original SF defender head.

BarryG

Enlightened
Lumens Factory has a drop-in to fit E-series heads. Lighthound has them at $29.99

Barry