Anyone put the quark's PRO tailcap on the TACTICAL version? No possibility for prefla

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
The pro switch should behave no differently than the normal tactical in regards to pre-flash. I would say that unless you were using moonlight or low as your pogrammed setting you should be pre-flash free by setting your two modes identical.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Wiggle.

So there is no rule about a higher or lower level must be in the tightened or loosened position right? You CAN do them equal, or tightened higher, or loosened higher etc.

Also, looks can be deceiving with tailstanding caps (JetBeam!)- it IS really a tailstander right?

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Thank you Wiggle.

So there is no rule about a higher or lower level must be in the tightened or loosened position right? You CAN do them equal, or tightened higher, or loosened higher etc.

Also, looks can be deceiving with tailstanding caps (JetBeam!)- it IS really a tailstander right?

Yes, the Pro tailcap tailstands. You'll lose the momentary function however (part of the reason many would buy a Tactical Quark in the first place).
I use a Tactical tailcap on my Pro Quark; I enjoy being able to switch modes with the momentary function and use the rubber strap to tailstand in a pinch.
If you really need tailstanding and momentary, the Turbo Flat tailcap fills that niche, but it is slightly wider than the regular (Tactical, Pro) tailcaps and will look a bit odd.

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the reverse clicky on tactical - I don't like momentary clickies, it leaves me seeing spots. You can set loose/tight to whatever you want, no rules. I like setting my most often used mode to tight bezel - light feels tighter and with less stress on the threads when carried that way 99.9% of the time.

Pre-flash is pretty hit and miss. I have an XPG-S2 and a bunch of XMLs with no pre-flash, but one XPG-R5 turbo with a really nasty one.