Flashlight Identification

Yankee

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone is able to identify the manufacturer of the below flashlight. This is my father's flashlight. He recently dropped it on the ground and now it won't turn on. He'd like to contact the manufacturer and see if it can be fixed and asked me if I can help figure out who made it. It has absolutely no markings on it at all. The flashlight is about 9" long.

Thanks!

xktba9.jpg

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It's an Inova T5; the good news is it'll be very easy to replace, Inovas are sold everywhere. The bad news is it's a very outdated light, and your money could go a lot farther with a more modern offering. I know how dads are with their "one true flashlight", but you might look around an ask some questions if you think he could go for something much better..

Yankee

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! It's definitely the Inova T5, uses 3x 123As. Looking at the specs StarHalo's right he could definitely do better. I attempted to suggest alternatives to him and he wouldn't have it; he thinks this is the greatest flashlight ever. He's going to see if it can be repaired.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder what can happen to a T5 to not work anymore, when dropped.
Having opened and modded a few T2 and T3, there isnt much inside to get damagend .. and the T5 "only" adds that switch
:thinking:
Did You check the cells, maybe they got damaged by the drop?

... get a nice "typical" 1*18650 host light,
a single mode P60 led dropin (with medium power XM-L or full power XP-G led mountded)
18650 protected Li-Ion cell(s)
charger for Li-Ion
and he will me much better off and quickly will appreciate the smaller sized light.

PS: knurling, feel and style of the "T" models beat anything else,
unforturnately the rest it as it is ...

ericjohn

Enlightened
I definitely agree with everyone else here. It is the Inova T5. I wish they still made the Inova Radiant flashlights like they did while I was in high school.