my Surefire accident

Skyline

Enlightened
I introduced my buddy to Surefire and Arc. Now he's got a SF G2Z/P61 and Arc AAA. He got his Air Force bro a G2Z as well. He sent me the following story in email.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I kept my surefire G2Z in a fanny pack in my bag (in case I need to make a long hike again during the apocalypse), but when I tried to use it tonight it didn't work.  I realized the bulb was a little tilted so I figured it must have gotten banged out of alignment.  So I donned my latex glove and pushed it back but it seemed still pretty tight....Still no light.  So I changed my batteries.

...and let there be light!

So I was thinking...One morning on the bus the bag did feel unusually warm on my lap - doh!  So there was slight charring on the inside of the pouch. 

I recall that you said that it could cause a fire if fabric was too close.  Guess I was lucky that there must have been a significant air pocket.

Well I guess I definitely "broke-in" my once pristine Surefire G2Z.  Or "defiled" if you prefer.  I'll be sure to lock-out the tailcap with a full revolution instead of half from now on.

I like the G2Z even better now that I have history with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Size15's

Flashaholic
LockOut TailCap is there to be used correctly! Just as well it has a Pyrex Lens!
I think most of us have done this at one time or another. I have with an E2e and before that with an M2...

It's worth pointing out that it's the filament that is focused [and centred] and not the bulb which could be on the **** (leaning drunk)

Al

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been there with a 9P in my coat pocket. It was so hot I dropped it when I took it out of my coat pocket. Had to let it cool down for nearly five minutes before I could pick it up with two fingers. Melted lens, SF mailed me another len no charge a snap to install.

This is why I find a LOTC a must!

GregR

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the P60 in my G2Z has a tilted bulb, but the filament itself is in the centre. i like the G2Z a lot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif