**NEW** Nitecore EC25

Matjazz

Newly Enlightened
Hmm... longer (128mm) and heavier (122g) than competition.
OTOH I like my EC2. Perhaps they should make one with XM-L.

Last edited:

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a great light. Glad I did not get the EA4 yet. If the tint and beam profile are as stated - looks like a winner. :thumbsup:

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks to me like competion for the Fenix PD32 UE. They compare the Fenix's throw of 155m to the EC25's 222m.

Wtlj

Newly Enlightened
What is Nitcore's problem with terrible output spacing?

It's a SEARCHLIGHT!!! Not a reading light, not a edc, not a flood light, not a headlamp, not a keychain light, not a work light! It's specifically a SEARCHLIGHT. What kind of searching does anyone do on 15 lumens?

ZRXBILL

Enlightened
I like the mode spacing with each one being about 2x the previous mode but at 222M of throw it's not much of a search light

tam17

Enlightened
Looks much like an outcome of a bet between Nitecore's CNC programmers :)

Mode spacing with a "4x" factor only makes sense to me, and having a 60lm lowest mode is a bit... unusual :confused:

Cheers

Patriot

Flashaholic
It's a SEARCHLIGHT!!! Not a reading light, not a edc, not a flood light, not a headlamp, not a keychain light, not a work light! It's specifically a SEARCHLIGHT. What kind of searching does anyone do on 15 lumens?

Point taken however, it's also a task light and nice to have at least one setting, perhaps for bouncing off the roof in tent, that isn't "tactical" level lighting.

Last edited:

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a SEARCHLIGHT!!!
That's not a knife?!? THIS is a knife!!!
For this to be a 'searchlight', maybe Turbo shouldn't timeout after 3 minutes. So does that means real world throw is sub 8,000 cd on the 540 lumen mode?

Haven't they heard of situations where the rescuers become the rescue-ees? They would then need to have one or two levels with some runtime, either planning self-evac, or more rescuers.
For this to be a 'searchlight': Dump the xm-l for the xp-g2. Dump the turbo timeout ANSI marketing garbage. Output modes: 500, 250, 83, 17, 2

flashlight chronic

Enlightened
I wonder how they got such a perfectly round beam profile? A three crown crenelated bezel will throw a triangular shaped beam, like my Extreme Infinity. Still, this is an interesting light. I'll wait for a review before deciding whether to get one.

Last edited:

JeffN

Enlightened
BatteryJunction has it now

No, Battery Junction has it on PREORDER. Which, based on experience with the EA4, could mean that other dealers will list it later but deliver it sooner.

I ordered an EA4 from BJ on 11/27, waited two weeks for them to get it in stock, cancelled the order last Wednesday, reordered from another dealer that same day and received my light yesterday (free shipping, nothing special). BJ still isn't delivering the light. First time I've had that type of experience from them, but I won't take the chance on a preorder again.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a great little light. What a really crappy clip.
Seriously, attaching a lanyard to a clip-on-style clip that is "easy to remove".
That clip looks like it's ready to pop off if I even just look at it sideways.
Somebody could get their eye poked out.
What a waste of a could-have-been-great-light. Boooo!

If anybody *ahem* is suggesting this is not an EDC light:

"The EC25's lightweight and diminutive body allows it to be carried in a pocket
making it the perfect companion for hiking, camping, and hunting."

"Small enough to be slipped into a pocket for everyday use."

8275752909_b6258eec24_c.jpg

Last edited:

herosemblem

Enlightened

That's funny, because all my purpose-built/work lights do in fact include good mode spacing and low modes. And these lights perform great, so your logic unfortunately does not stand in the real world.
Good on Nitecore to give us an alternative battery option to their popular EA4 Pioneer.

AFearlessBirdOfParadise

Newly Enlightened
If anybody *ahem* is suggesting this is not an EDC light:

"The EC25's lightweight and diminutive body allows it to be carried in a pocket
making it the perfect companion for hiking, camping, and hunting."

"Small enough to be slipped into a pocket for everyday use."

It can be an EDC on a holster, but I don't think many people would like that thing in their pocket. It's like what? 36mm at the widest point? (radiator fins) Maybe they meant EMT or cargo pants lower pockets.