Nitecore EA2 doesn't fit Eneloop

NickBose

Enlightened
This is ridiculous.
Has anyone got the same problem with their EA2?
I just received it but the tube is a VERY TIGHT fit with my eneloops. Some even would not go in without friction against the battery cover.
I dare not insert them to try as I'm not sure if I can get them out.

Can the head be removed from the battery tube? I tried but couldn't or maybe I need to force a bit more?
I got the light from Doing_outdoor on eBay.
Very frustrating. Almost like when you find your newlywed wife has a chastity belt under her gown!

Last edited:

DubyaR

Newly Enlightened
I'm not completely sure if I know what you mean by "friction against the battery cover". Are the eneloops too wide causing them to drag along the sides of the inside of the flashlight? That's the meaning I'm assuming, but "battery cover" made me think there might be a problem with the tail cap. I'm not trying to be fussy with you; I just want to make sure I'm talking about the problem you're actually experiencing.

At any rate, assuming width is the issue, I haven't had this problem with eneloops in my EA2. In my light they fit perfectly: snug enough that there is no rattle, but they are still able to slide in and out when you tilt the light. For clarity's sake, I am using the second generation 2000 mAh eneloops. Are you using the 2000 mAh or the newer XX 2500 mAh cells? I really doubt it makes any difference, but you never know.

NickBose

Enlightened
This is what it did to the Eneloops
8285537841_aeef06843d_c.jpg

8285538397_9c494cd208_c.jpg

8286595804_c8aee0e7b2_c.jpg

And this is to show how tight the fit is for 2 Eneloops and the other 2 that could not go into the battery tube. The cover will be severely scratched if I force.

Although I like the light alot, I will have to return it.

Another observation is when the total voltage is down to about 2.1v the light does not turn on, except for the red SMD. If I remove the batteries, then reinsert it then it may turn on again and run for quite a while more but if I turn it off then it will not turn on again if you know what I mean. Sorry if it's confusing.

Last edited: