Eagletac D25LC2 Clicky Mod

loquutis79

Enlightened
Just wondering if anyone knows if I can get a smooth reflector for my newest Eagletac D25LC2 Clicky.

I just got my second one, a factory modified XP-G2 version with the driver from the XM-L version. Its a 2 amp vs. the 1.5 amp normally found in the XP-G2.

The one thing I thought of when I took it out of the box was why not put in a smooth reflector to improve the throw of the XP-G2. After all, thats the point of getting the XP-G2. At least for me it was. I would have thought Eagletac would offer this to complete the factory modification.

So now I wll try for an aftermarket source before e-mailing Christina at Eagletac again.

P.S. What a great little light. This will replace my XM-L D25LC2 as my EDC for sure.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats to the custom factory mod! You really paid the 20$ shipping omg?

How is the XP-G2 tint, and how is it compared to the XML tint please? :)

Thanks!!

loquutis79

Enlightened
The tint is fantastic. It's as clear white as the XM-L version. Very happy with the tint and the whole light over all.
I ordered two, one for a friend, so really only $10 each for shipping.

Anion

Newly Enlightened
How does the 2A XP-g2 beam compair to the XM-L in terms of flood vs throw? I am thinking of getting the same setup. It would be nice if they would make the xp-g2 at 2A an option when you order without the "custom" part of it.

Fuzzuki

Newly Enlightened
It throws a bit better compared to the XM-L. You can see a tighter hot spot close up.
At a distance it will light a bit more of things. Distant objects do appear to be a bit brighter compared to the XM-L
I was a bit disappointed with the XP-g2 mod. In the end, it was worth the money to buy something special right from the factory.
I may just keep my XM-L as my EDC.

masofshad

Newly Enlightened
Fuzzuki,

I too ordered the 2a XPG2 clicky from the factory. In measuring the tailcap amps in turbo I only got to 1.01A. Have you by chance measure your tailcap amperage?

-mas

pprkut

Newly Enlightened
I just got my factory modded D25LC2 Click XP-G2 w/ 2A driver too!
I'm also interested in this idea of a smooth reflector instead of the stock OP reflector.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone measured lux between the XM-L and XP-G2 at 2A in the 25LC2? Since I bought a D25LC2 XM-L upon it's release it has dominated my EDC rotation, it is the best size/output/UI light for my EDC taste but before I drop another $60 I'd like to know about the difference in throw.

Fuzzuki

Newly Enlightened
Well, it is actually hard to distinguish the difference in throw.
At a distance you can tell that the XP-G has a tighter spot in the middle, where the XM-L is still shining on that particular area, but it is very disused when compared to each other.
In the end, I am wondering if the money I spent was worth it..........I think it was.

Fuzzuki

Newly Enlightened
Oh, in the end, the XP-G is still not my EDC.
I bought it special order from the factory and it has not a mark on it. I am scared to carry it everyday.
My XM-L has been dropped and has some markings on it, so I don't mind carrying it every day.

Sorry. I'm on about the XP-G2.

Last edited: