Host for DX 70mm aspheric lens

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know a host (need the head only) for DX 75mm aspheric lens (SKU 43044)?
FYI the FM 3" heads can't be used because the rim of the lens is too thick.

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icarus its been a long time since I messed with aspherical stuff so I am saying this from memory, but if I recall that lens performed very poorly. It made the beam tight but the actual transmittance was like 30% I think I had better results with the 66mm.

The host that I seem to recall both fitting into is the 109 LED harbor freight light ( same as deft). I have used them on maglite bodies before. The focal length on the 66 was such that I got a jump in lux using a combination of a dedomed emitter and a secondary optic.

Here are a couple pics.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...r-Lux-flashlights-(-2-PRICE-DROP!)&highlight=

EDIT: For using the 66 mm I had to make an adapter to shrink the bezel a little bit. I went to the hardware store and found an outdoor light that had the correct ID for the lens ( that even came with a rubber ring ) and then fit the adapter to the bezel.

For the 75mm ( even though it was bad) I think it fit ok because there is a mile of space between where the lens sits and the top of the light, I cant swear to it though because it was so long ago.

Last edited: