Saw my first XML at wal-mart today..

K9Patrol

Newly Enlightened
Was in a black and decker 6-volt carryaround style light. Didn't see it on their web site, though. $50, "Up to 788 lumens". 1 hour runtime on high, orange. Probably throws pretty well for the size of the reflector. Don't remember what batteries it uses, might have been rechargable.

wedlpine

Enlightened
I have seen them too. The batteries are rechargable. I might just have to pick one up to play with. If it isn't what I expect I can always take it back. Looks like a good thrower though.

estapants

Newly Enlightened
This has probably been discussed a million times, but it seems like the only place to buy a decent light is online.

At Home Depot, $25 is the top of the line for flashlights... On the other hand, 123's are $6/ ea.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw an XP-G2 in a brinkman spot light. Definitely a g2, no current spreaders and silvery pcb.

Advertised as a 320 lumen spot. Don't have any pictures or a link though.

Tiresius

Enlightened
I saw an XP-G2 in a brinkman spot light. Definitely a g2, no current spreaders and silvery pcb.

Advertised as a 320 lumen spot. Don't have any pictures or a link though.

You're right...I was surprised that these huge B/M store companies used that type of emitter. It's relatively new and it's the first one I've seen beside my emitter swap for a friend.

Canuke

Enlightened
The Stanley has two 2000 mAh 18650's in it, according to the teardown posted to its CPF discussion thread (search for "Stanley FatMax"). They are run in series. I have one, am pondering modding it as the control circuit uses a slow charging rate.

That spotlight's been out since July, but the Costco Coast HP555 and the Defiant 3C 550 lumen light both showed up this month. XM-L's look like the catalyst to push "OMG that's stupid bright!" lights into the mainstream. So much for the "CPF advantage".

violatorjf

Newly Enlightened
This has probably been discussed a million times, but it seems like the only place to buy a decent light is online.

At Home Depot, $25 is the top of the line for flashlights... On the other hand, 123's are $6/ ea.

Yep, but mainly because most of the folks going to Home Depot, Lowes, etc. aren't looking for flashlights...and if they are they likely wouldn't spend more than $25 on one.

Unfortunately we are the exception. :(