Schwinn Bicycle Light...Dim-to-Bright

Tiresius

Enlightened
My friend asked me to test mod one of his lights...He wanted his cheapy bike light done to challenge how well I can do mods on light.

It came to me with a cheap emitter (I have no idea what it is) on a 20mm MPCB board. This guy was equivalent to 15lumens on my D25LC2.

First thing's first...I took out the 20mm star that was poorly seated on the pill. It wasn't even glued or epoxied on. It sat loosely inside the pill. Second part was to machine a custom plate that fit snugly in that pill and it was done in 10min on the lathe. I used thin amounts of thermal epoxy on edge and groove of the pill to give it some heat-sink capability. Last step was to do that step onto the emitter. Before the glue dried, I had the opportunity to align the emitter to the reflector.

Here's the result...Hope he's happy with it. Charge rate: $5.50 for the emitter and $1.50 for the aluminum plate work.

IMAG0518_zpsaa19c4d7.jpg

IMAG0520_zpsdc2ea2e8.jpg

IMAG0524_zps9ff6afae.jpg

And a mod is nothing without a beam shot. Sorry, I did not take a beam shot of the stock emitter as it does not deserve to be behind the camera.
IMAG0525_zps82844809.jpg

Last edited: