Latest E1e triples 219 build

foxtrot824

Enlightened
It all started with a spare E1e body I decided to bore to accept an 18mm cell, from there I was inspired to build another triple using the high CRI Nichia 219s for an especially potent single cell light. Lastly I added a brass tail extension from a previous run for a little extra class. The driver is a 2.8A 3 mode special, works great on a single cell. I still need to add a few final touches like an o ring on the body before doing some sphere testing and deciding if this gem is going to the market place.

(This triple was one a few in the making)

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW, If you put one of these up for sale, i would definitely want one....Great Job....Robert.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Can I be on the list if there is one for one of these drop-ins? Excuse my ignorance but why 18mm? What kind of battery is needed?

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are in high demand, you should make more to sell, or offer this mod service:)

foxtrot824

Enlightened
Thank you all for the positive response. I'll probably put this one up Monday after some testing Monday.

Can I be on the list if there is one for one of these drop-ins? Excuse my ignorance but why 18mm? What kind of battery is needed?

The 18mm body allows you to run an 18350 (I'd recommend an IMR) , that's basically a CR123 but in the larger diameter and rechargeable with more capacity.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Thanks for the response. Getting my E1e bored and ordering a 18350 IMR in the mean time.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you will put these for sale, I would like to take one :thumbsup:

foxtrot824

Enlightened
Monday it is as soon as I can sphere test this gem it will be for sale here

Depending on the interest I may do a small run of these, that sign up will be on the B/S/T page.