Anyone have any opinions / feedback on the Solarforce X3 aaa stainless steel light?

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
I haven't found much info on the Solarforce X3 aaa light, so i'm just curious if anyone owns one and what they think about it? It's a really attractive looking stainless steel AAA light. It also has a copper section in the head like the thrunite ti. Knurling is really neat looking. It even has a glow in the dark O-ring. It's $18.99 on the solarforce site.

I found a russian? review of it on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKJ7VhIvL2M)

solarforcex3.jpg

X3 – a high output keychain flashlight manufactured by Solarforce for our valuable customers, using premium CREE XP-E (R4) LED to produce up to 50 lumens white light with just a single AAA battery. The body of X3 is mainly constructed of high quality polished S304 stainless steel. The LED engine part is protected by copper alloy to ensure efficient heat transmittance. Unique rhombus-shaped knurling is chosen at the head to provide users with non-slippery surfaces. X3 is a definitely a powerful and collectable every-day-carry keychain flashlight for professional users and flashlight lovers.

Specifications:

Constructed of S304 stainless steel
CREE XP-E (R4) LED with lifespan up to 50,000 hours
Strengthened ultra-clear glass lens with two-surface coating
Battery type: AAA (alkaline or rechargeable 1.2V) x 1pc
Structural reversed polarity protection
Output: 50 lumens
Continuous runtime: 1 hour
Able to stand on its tail
Water proof
Dimensions (L x OD): 73 x 13mm
Weight: 30g (without battery)

Norm

Retired Administrator
I quite like the X3 for an SS light it's cheap at $18, finish is nice, one mode only.

On the other hand the X2 I received was junk, extremely lose threads making reliable mode changing impossible, SolarForce were very cooperative and refunded my purchase price plus return postage. Top marks for SolarForce CS.

Norm

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
I quite like the X3 for an SS light it's cheap at $18, finish is nice, one mode only.
Norm

How was the knurling on the head? It doesn't look to be very grippy, making it hard to twist on/off maybe? That's the thing holding me back from pulling the trigger.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was a fine review, thanks for the link. It looks like an ok keyring light, but it won't be replacing my stainless steel Fenix LD01.

Norm

Retired Administrator
That was a fine review, thanks for the link. It looks like an ok keyring light, but it won't be replacing my stainless steel Fenix LD01.
At about a third the price it's good value given the one mode limitation.

Norm