SingFire SF-522 1000 Lumen (2) 18650's headlamp

Kapriel

Newly Enlightened
I must be missing something.....

I just checked out a Cree XML T6 headlight using (2) 18650 batteries similar to Fenix HP11
for $25.00 from "Deal Extreme" Includes shipping

I've never heard of Singfire but sure do like the light and the price can't be right can it?
says they take PayPal.

Anyone familiar with any of the above ?

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
DX is reliable. At times slow, but it gets there. Alot of clones, clones of clones, and clones of clones of clones..... But, they do have low prices. Quality can range from surprisingly good to you get what you pay for.

Kapriel

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking if it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't.

How come it's so hard to find out much about this light ?

DX has some nice photo's of the light. I'm thinking a light like this should cost
around $100-125.00 not $25.00 delivered.:thinking:

Kapriel

Newly Enlightened
My bad.... Forgot to mention it includes (2) 18650 batteries, it shows a charger but not sure if they throw that in too. I think they might.:thinking::thinking:

langham

Enlightened
I am a little late to this discussion, but after comparing the 2 I would say that they are comparable, with a few exceptions. The SingFire will put out a little more light most likely, they are both driven at about the same level, and the fenix will have much better thermal characteristics. The SingFire in my opinion must have cut some serious corners to get that price label, I would suggest that it has terrible PWM even on high and that the led's tiny star is hovering on air. The batteries that come with it are very unreliable and I have had 4 fail within a year. This all being said the led could be heat-sinked and the driver replaced, the batteries as well and you will have a great head lamp at a lower cost than you could get a box from Fenix with a bare XML inside. They just released the SingFire SF-536 and I am interested in purchasing and modifying it for a friend of mine that likes to climb rocks for some odd reason. A couple more points are that the SingFire that you are referring to seems like it would be very front heavy and awkward, I have also heard complaints about the angle that it sits in the head mount as well.

Kapriel

Newly Enlightened
Thanks langham for your thoughts.

Having owned a Fenix HP-11 for about 2+years with almost daily use for my work I was thinking about buying another as a spare. This is what got me looking for perhaps a more powerful one and I ran across the SingFire.
If you look closely, it looks like corners were cut, such as the battery case. It looks to be cheap plastic that snaps together to hold the 18650's in place. Fenix uses 2 thumb screws and a nice hindge.

I can't see other things as the photo only shows so much, but I'm guessing a lot of corners were cut to come in at this price which is roughly only 1/3 as much as the Fenix.

If anyone has actually bought one of these and would like to comment on build quality I'm guessing there are others here that would be interested.

Latest posts