Anyone know anything about LXP flashlights

martindb

Newly Enlightened
I was browsing ebay for bargains when I came across a flashlight simply labled as "LXP 18650 850 lumens".

Can anyone tell me if this is an actual reputable brand/ model of flashlight, or just a cheap xxxxfire type flashlight?

Thanks in advance for all help

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me translate that into car terms.

"LXP gasoline 1000 horsepower" car. Super cheap!

Would you believe that sales pitch? No? Ok then. 850 lumens OTF output is tough to make without careful design. In general:

Distrust anything with its product type as the name. "MP3 Player 4GB" from "MP3 Player, inc" is unlikely to have high quality or good design. Similarly, "[Battery size] [suspiciously-round output number] flashlight" is unlikely to be very trustworthy. Heck, if I released a series of flashlight called the Lumen, and then started naming them "1 Lumen," pretty soon I would have the "10,000 Lumen." Does that mean it's output? Nope. Similarly, lots of crap-bay lights have "W" as a part number. So "5W" doesn't mean 5 watts.

In short: There are lots of ways you can spend the euro better. Heck, try out a Sirius Osram flashlight and let us know how they are. I'm resisting buying one, but they look SO nice.

Canuke

Enlightened
That "5W" story reminds me of the one I heard from my wife about McDonalds sourcing their "mystery meat" from a wholly owned subsidiary named "Allbeef" (as in "two allbeef patties, special sauce lettuce cheese").

TEEJ

Flashaholic
LOL

I have a similar reaction when I meet someone who's parent's named them "Doctor" as their first name.