Anyone Catch the Lunar Eclipse tonight?

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
it's been eclipsing for a lil over a half hour.. the eclipse should be total at 8:06PM Eastern and then last 25 minutes..

it's very colorful in comparison to the last one i saw in May.. very orange/red and glowing..

snuffy

Enlightened
I agree, better color. The transparency is also much improved over the summer haze of May.

silvercloud

Newly Enlightened
Yes it looked great, took some shots, not sure how they will come out. Froze my butt off, but that's O.K. these things don't come around that often. Some high clouds are coming through now. The burnt orange glow was cool.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks great here in Joisey. It's got some really great color this time 'round. I've been watching it on and off for the last 90 minutes.

iddibhai

Enlightened
too many fscking clouds, and someon fscking person moved my camera T mount (adapter to hook camera to 8" SCT). AAAAAAAAAAAARGH. prolly couldn't see much given clouds

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took a couple pics just as it was ending. They could have been better had I put a little more time into it, but I will try to post them here when I get them off the CF card.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been raining off and on all day/night--didn't get to see a thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Same thing happened during the last meteor shower...

-Jason

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too cloudy here. My dad and I drove down to the water and waited a bit to see if there would be a break in the clouds, but unfortunately not.

We did get to use some flashlights while walking around out there though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
we had clear skies here in Maine during the eclipse..

however.. i had to watch it in 20 degree weather.. 1 degree with the windchill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

it was great tho.. it'd take more than some puny little degree to stop me from watching the eclipse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
It was cloudy here, and the moon was in the wrong part of the sky for me to check it out if there was a break in the clouds or whatever. But KCPQ-13 TV showed some of it on the 10:00pm news. Looked to me to be 10-20 minutes after totality ended.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice view from here, but freezing cold. I have a few decent pics (not great ones as the tripod didn't come along for the ride) that I'll post as soon as I download them. Excellent color too.

-Mike

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep forgetting to post these... not the best pics, but they were taken at the tail end of the eclipse as it was starting to re-emerge:

Eclipse1.jpg

Eclipse2.jpg

Eclipse3.jpg

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
those are great actually!

just like i remember it.

you can really see the flame effect that the moon's surface had during most of the eclipse.

thanks for posting those!

silvercloud

Newly Enlightened
Good shots Beretta, even got a few stars in the background.

I managed to get some fairly good shots, with the resolution of the camera, details weren't all that great.

Also the photos tend to be a bit washed out where the bright side of the moon was still showing.

If I spent time in manual mode they probably would have been better. I didn't even know there was an eclipse until I walked the dog that night.

-Tony

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had I thought to do it earlier, I would have gotten some better shots. It's also unusual to get stars in the shot in NJ as well.

I really wish I had gotten the tripod out sooner...

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the photo Beretta. I wondered what effect the latitude had. There was more totality in the south.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, this was at the end of the eclipse. I didn't think to take a pic or two until the event was almost over. By the time I got the tripod out, it was starting to get bright on the leading edge.