Adjustable magnetic clip

Steamlight89

Newly Enlightened
Im looking for an adjustable magnetic clip for a Fenix LD, PD, or Zebralight Sc600. Im a boiler mechanic and need too attach it to the boiler while working on buners or controls.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
No need to pay silly money for a Snap On item,make your own,really easy it is as well.As you are an engineer I think you will find it so easy.Buy one of those really effective neo magnets and you are half way done.

pageyjim

Enlightened
No need to pay silly money for a Snap On item,make your own,really easy it is as well.As you are an engineer I think you will find it so easy.Buy one of those really effective neo magnets and you are half way done.

I bought the Snap-On magnetic clip for about $17 recently. Is that a lot of money? Maybe, but what I do find odd is anybody on a site like this saying that it is "silly" to buy a well made accessory for your light. Especially since the "average" person may consider what we spend on lights as silly.

Secondly the OP stated he was a boiler mechanic and not an engineer. Although my personal opinion is that the average mechanic would have an easier time making their own than the average engineer. In any event, the OP received lots of good advice.

Azlum

Newly Enlightened
I know this isn't what you asked for, but look at the new Streamlight Knucklehead. I work on boilers too and this looks like the perfect light for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the Snap-On magnetic clip for about $17 recently. Is that a lot of money? Maybe, but what I do find odd is anybody on a site like this saying that it is "silly" to buy a well made accessory for your light. Especially since the "average" person may consider what we spend on lights as silly.

Secondly the OP stated he was a boiler mechanic and not an engineer. Although my personal opinion is that the average mechanic would have an easier time making their own than the average engineer. In any event, the OP received lots of good advice.

I did not say silly,I said silly money of which there is a huge difference,it is a UK thing like getting up at silly o clock to watch the F1 races.I am no engineer or mechanic but i could fashion a clip for my light easy peezy. Mine was a suggestion only and i have no idea why on earth you are taking time out to have a go at me.You can pay your silly money for Snap On all the time chap because it is your right to do so just that i do not want to.:D