Cover for LSH lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFox

Newly Enlightened
I would feel a bit more comfortable slipping my LSH-P into my pocket if I had a pushon plastic cap for covering the lens.

Has anyone found such a thing?

--Jerry

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
The plastic lens cover comes with the newer LSH-P lights by default. Give ARC a call. I'm sure they'll send you a couple if you send a SASE. By the way, don't be fearful of throwing your LSH in your pocket without it. The LSH is not a piece of China, so don't treat it like it is. USE YOUR LIGHT.

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
GrayFox

I think that you're talking about a rigid plastic cap and not the factory "film" that is put on by ARC before shipping.

A few minutes at Home Depot would probably prove productive.

Marty

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
My bad. Thanks for the intervention Marty. I must have read the post to quickly the 1st time through. Jerry, I stand by my original suggestion to use your light, however I can appreciate your desire to keep it looking new.

Mattman

Enlightened
I have similar concerns. There was a lense kit for the MiniM@g that had clear, amber, red, etc. that slipped over the end of the light. The rubber/plastic lense holder also had flat spots on the sides that kept the light from rolling away. Something like that would be nice and serve two purposes if it would work or if we could find something else like it.

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
You should be able to find these at a hardware store:

Protected_McLux.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Someone was selling them on CPF awhile back. I'm sure that
someone will post the link.

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mattman

Enlightened
That's a clever idea. If you cut the bottom out of one, you would protect the entire end of the light and still be able to use it without taking it off. I like to set mine face down on tables when its off, so that would be a great way to do that without worrying about damaging the finish.

pyro

Enlightened
I have found caps from milky white palstic.
You can leave it on the light for closeup use
when the arc is too bright for comfortable work!

kaseri

Enlightened
I have found a supplier of these caps. I'd be willing to start some sort of "mass buy" for these. Before I go through the effort of getting pricing information and such, would anyone else be interested in these?

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can find those black plastic/nylon/poly caps in most any hardware store. They fit on the ends of chair and table legs, generally called glides or simply caps.

Mike

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for 12.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.