M2 SOE pouch for L5?

Heck

Enlightened
I'm interested in a SOE pouch for the L5 when the L5 finally arrives. However, the L5 being about 0.8" taller than the M2, I was wondering if the M2 SOE pouch will actually fit. Does anyone here have the SOE M2 pouch? If so, can you see if it'll fit in something that is 0.8" taller? Or will I have to move up to the M3 SOE pouch which would have 1.1" of room?

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Herky,

You'll need to move up, I'm afraid......

There's no way that the pouch will take an additional inch or so.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Heck

Enlightened
Hey thanks for the info dumborat......that being said, is the M3's flap adjustable? or will I have a nice slack area if I put a 6"er in there?...

DumboRAT

Enlightened
OK, here it is.....

I've got a SF C2 configured with KL3 and Z48 clickie tailcap. This much longer unit fits just finem with space to spare, in the SOE M3 (three) pouch.

It doesn't even remotely come close to fitting in my SOE M2 pouch.

Put the standard LOTC tailcap back on this C2 with a KL3 head, still, even with the flap at max length adjustment, the M2 pouch cannot accommodate the light.

The KL3 head itself is about 0.875 (7/8) to 0.938 (15/16) inch taller than the standard C2 bezel/head.

Hope this helps!

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Heck

Enlightened
Hey man, I forgot to thank you for all that information......I just have one more quick question, it's evident that the L5 will need the M3 pouch, but is the M3 SOE pouch's flap adjustable? Looking at the pic of the pouch, it seems as though the bottom part is velcro and can adjust....or is it sewn down pat?

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Herky,

NP.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes, the Fastex buckle strap's length can be adjusted.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allen
aka DumboRAT