Cerakote interest thread

benthiccracker

Enlightened
Who is interested in getting Cerakote applied to flashlights? This is purely an interest thread. I have a person about an hour from me that does it. He is a custom rifle maker and I have seen his work. I have only contacted him about my personal lights. I am not interested in making money from this, just trying to fill a void. I will expect to be able to cover my out of pocket expenses but my time will be donated to whoever is interested.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I'm interested. Let me know the next step. I can send payment along with my light.

benthiccracker

Enlightened
Ok, but I am not even close to that point! this is only an interest thread. Soon as I get some more people together I will send out a message on this thread, so subscribe to it.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking to have a host done with glow in the dark white/green.

Interested/subscribed.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
how much are we looking at for a, say, 6P coating? how are his colors (e.g.: what colors does he do?)?

I've never gotten a light custom done for cerakote but i've been looking to start :)

benthiccracker

Enlightened
tobrien, not quite sure about any of that yet. As soon as I get about 20 of us interested I am going to talk to the coater about prices and what he will expect from me. I do know this, I told him a color I was interested in getting just a couple of lights done in and he didn't have it but he said he would order it.

Last edited:

josb

Newly Enlightened
Yep, I would like to have some of my lights covered with Cerakote but I guess I'm a little far away to join in.
It would be nice if someone in Holland could help out :)

benthiccracker

Enlightened
Okay fellas here are some colors and others are possible. I will be starting a thread in Custom & Modified Flashlights B/S/T and I will post the link here.
Here is a link to Cerakote so you can see the colors: http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/finishes/
This list is not all inclusive and may change depending on interest.
Forest Green
OD Green
Desert Verde
Desert Sage
Desert Sand
Coyote Tan
Flat Dark Earth
Patriot Brown
Safety Orange
Zombie Green
Stainless
Pink
Tactical Gray
Sniper Gray
Graphite Black
Ridgeway Blue
Burnt Bronze
SOCOM Blue
Here are some pictures of extremely expensive custom made rifles that have been Cerakoted by the applicator I will be using. I didn't have time to match the exact color with the picture so please refer to the link above. This is only to show the caliber of the work. The Cerakote Finishes are on the metal parts and not the stocks. Please forgive my iPics. I really didn't think he was going to let me in his gun vault filled with $5000.00 custom rifles. I would have been better prepared. I was honored to say the least. This applicator is a perfectionist. I will be masking the bodies and parts in his shop.

las3r

Enlightened
Prices ? I have large builds I'd like done but that depends on your price :)

ps: I'm talking about like a mag 2d with a shower head

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
depending on price i'd be down to get a 6P done up in SOCOM blue :)

edit: any idea if SOCOM blue would show up well on an originally black 6P?

Last edited:

Latest posts