Proof I'm a flashaholic

markr6

Flashaholic
I'm sitting here watching TV and just realized someone else would think I'm weird. I'm watching American Pickers and keep rewinding the DVR, zooming in and pausing it to to try and see what kind of flashlights they're using while seaching thru junk. Nah, that's normal!

Anyway, they look like some cheap torches. These guys need some good high-powered neutrals out there!

Kapriel

Newly Enlightened
I'm sitting here watching TV and just realized someone else would think I'm weird. I'm watching American Pickers and keep rewinding the DVR, zooming in and pausing it to to try and see what kind of flashlights they're using while seaching thru junk. Nah, that's normal!

Anyway, they look like some cheap torches. These guys need some good high-powered neutrals out there!

I've done the same thing. From what I can see from the shows I watch most are high end Surefires or something
of very high quality. Fenix, Sunwayman,Oight,Four Sevens,Jetbeam, etc.... to name a few.
The problem is they do not show you the entire light just a small shot of it , but you can tell from the beam pattern and brightness, they are all of high Quality LED companies and not lets say a Maglight" No offense please.

Thr3Evo

Enlightened
Guilty as well. Was watching the show Elementary, the one episode where thieves broke into a very high tech safe, they were using some nice flashlights. I'm new at this costly hobby so I can't tell which. I took a picture of my tv screen and thought to post on the lights seen in movies thread but thought that was weird.... I guess I'm becoming a flashaholic... Haha :beer:

Nutdip

Newly Enlightened
My wife watches ALL of the cop shows. CSI, NCIS, yada yada. I'm always trying to gawk at their lights. I can't rewind though... :duh2:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I wind up noticing the flashlights used on TV also. Although I don't usually try to identify the model as much as figure out whether the light beam was actually produced by that light, an off-camera stagehand with a spotlight, or painted in later in post production. I'm really disappointed when I see faked flashlight beams.

Inline6Silvia

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to the flashlight world. Bought my first EDC flashlight 2 weeks ago and ever since then, I've noticed that I too will try to see what kind of light people on TV are using. I deliver parts for Acura and I was in a random shop talking to one of the techs and I noticed he had a Stylus Pro in his pocket. I couldn't help but ask him how he liked it. I have a feeling that if I spend anymore time on this forum, I too will turn into a flashaholic.

I'm new to the flashlight world. Bought my first EDC flashlight 2 weeks ago and ever since then, I've noticed that I too will try to see what kind of light people on TV are using. I have a feeling that if I spend anymore time on this forum, I too will turn into a flashaholic.

:welcome: Inline6,

trust me, you've already been assimilated. Welcome to the collective. The cool thing about our hive is your still free to make individual decisions, but you are one of us.

What drives me crazy is watching someone on TV use a flashlight (in a warehouse/large room) that's all throw, without any spill. I'm like: "Hello! You're begging to get shot or jumped!!"

~ Chance

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
[...] I have a feeling that if I spend anymore time on this forum, I too will turn into a flashaholic.

You subrscibed to CPF; that itself is the ultimate proof you're a flashaholic.

I remember my reaction when I first heard about CPF: "A wha???? A forum where they talk only about flashlights???!?"