Votes: 20 74.1%
  • other

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • i cant decide i switch back and forth

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

american

Enlightened
how is your preon setup? with a clicky or twisty titanium or aluminum first gen or 2nd gen?

WhoDaresWins

Newly Enlightened
Full satin titanium HCRI 1st gen Preon 2- but with black Preon clip and black Preon button inside titanium button ring. Plus 2 inches of heat shrink around the base of the light under the clip so it's more comfortable to grip cigar style or in teeth.

k12cop

Newly Enlightened
I vote both...clicky in shirt pocket on duty, twisty in back pocket off duty...both preon 2... Do have a preon 1 body for use when size matters the most.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
All my Preons are clickies with the exception of, well, Preon P0.

T45

Enlightened
Just bought a Preon 2, Stealth Black, got it at a great price during Foursevens Christmas sale. Really like it, currently enjoying co-EDC with my Quark Mini 123.

Some observation: The Preon 2 does seems to have a tendency to come on if carried in the pocket, so I started carrying it using the clip. Problem solved, although a bit of a disappointing solution. I just prefer in the pocket carry. The Streamlight Stylus Pro or TerraLUX Lightstar 80 never exhibited this behavior. The switch can be problematic at times, some times taking 2 or 3 clicks to activate. I have taken it apart and cleaned it, but I have no idea what is causing that. The Stylus Pro switch problems have been duly noted in other threads. The Lightstar 80 switch is the largest of the 3, but it also the easiest and most reliable to use.

I really like this Light! Now....I wish Foursevens would come out with a Tactical version, one mode and a forward clicky switch for momentary activation. Heck, they could just make the Head and switch for sale for a quick conversion. Hmm...I may have to see what Vinh can do :naughty:

Tumbleweed48

Newly Enlightened
I've carried a Preon 2 for a year or so, always in my shirt pocket. I had sticky switch problems early on as well - I cured it by disassembling the switch, where I found the rubber barrier very slightly displaced under the Ti cap. It's really subtle, and quite 'fiddly' to get it exactly right. If it's a bit off square, the cap wants to grip the rubber in its vertical travel.

Following that, I lightly lubed the inside of the metal cap with powdered graphite. Problem solved.

I have another titanium P2 incoming from Four Sevens right now. Their sale price on the Gen 1 version is too good to pass up. I've never been able to see a visible lick of difference between the XP-G and XP-G2 anyway.

Esko

Enlightened
I carry a Preon Revo twisty (XP-E cool white). But I also have a Preon 1 Satin Ti clicky, which I most likely start to use more now that I changed the led to a Nichia 219 high cri. And then I have a black Preon 1 twisty gen1 with high only electronics (not original). I guess I would like that to be a clicky too, just don't have a switch.

The Christmas sale on gen1 lights is very nice, and it was even nicer when they gave a clicky switch as a gift with the purchase (the first day of sale). I bought a few, one of which I'm probably keeping myself (Ti clicky). The leds are very nice, too. I compared a new gen1 version to an early XP-G S2 version and the tint had become a lot nicer. The sale has been a real bargain.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Here's my set-up:

12202012058.jpg

Preon 2 Lego.

Mr_Black

Newly Enlightened
Here's my set-up:

12202012058.jpg

Preon 2 Lego.

Very nice. That's like the Iron Man version!

I ordered a bunch of Preon 1's and 2's during the FourSevens holiday sale and scored some nice clicky switches and Preon 1 bodies as free gifts (Thanks, FourSevens!). I've been experimenting with all of the possible setups and having fun with different color combinations. My first Preon was a Black/Satin Ti Preon 2 which looks absolutely beautiful. I used some of the parts to make a matching Black/Satin Ti Preon 1.

american

Enlightened
i need a ti clicky but i dont wanna pay 15 bucks for one its such a small piece it cant cost more then a dollar to make even out of ti

mau91

Newly Enlightened
preon2tailcap.jpg

Preon 2 clicky with a spare boot cover from a C4 Streamlight Stylus Pro instead of the stock switch cover. Solved the "activation in pocket" problem completely.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Preon 2 comes as a clicky.
The Preon 1 comes as a twisty but you can add the clicky to it.

Right....sort of?

They are both Twisty all the time too but with a Clicky over ride really. It just comes standard on the 2 and not on the 1 but they are both still twisty too.

Latest posts