THANK YOU !!!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I'd like to voice a big "THANK YOU" for all those cool folks who initiated a rescue for all of us who were left in the dark during the "CPF-outage" which is still going on!
I really appreciate what you are doing, so that even a computer-dummy like me could get here again without further problems ... and I was really on turkey, believe me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif !
bernhard

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree completely. CPF is one of the most well maintained sites I know of, with outages kept to a bare minimum. Thanks to all the people who keep it up and running and everyone who jumps in to help when something does go wrong.

-Mike

Remember:
[ QUOTE ]
Tomas said:
(CPF withdrawal is NOT a pretty sight ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif <font color="blue">CPF</font> )

[/ QUOTE ]

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add my thanks as well. I never lost contact with CPF, but with so many folks missing, the place is a little lonely. I have sent e-mails to a few people, giving them McGizmo's magic link. I'll be glad when everyone is back.

A special thanks to Don. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Paul

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
PaulW said:

A special thanks to Don. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

And just 'cuz I think he's earned it this time...
whipping.gif
<-----Don /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
I want to add a couple more THANK YOU's while we have this thread going.

THANK YOU to James S for finding the problem and being brave enough to call me while I was off having fun with my daughter in Phoenix. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

THANK YOU to Saaby also for braving my wrath at being bothered while I was taking a break from CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Instructions were left with the mods and admins to call me only if the place was burning to the ground. I'm sure they all took not just a few minutes to consider whether this qualified or not... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif ... it did and alot was figured out and the rescue operation was set in motion by these three guys while I was driving home from Phoenix. I was even able to stop and get a cappucino on my way home, knowing full well that CPF was in more than capable hands.

THANKS GUYS!!
grouphug.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
actually, we all drew straws to determine who would have to call sasha. saaby got the bad straw, and acted very bravely in the face of extreme danger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
so ... is he still around? and how does he look like?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
My thanks also.

I haven't been here for very long, but I've
already come to appreciate the depth of knowledge
on the part of the users here, as well as the
very professional manner in which these forums are
maintained.

Rock on...

Saaby

Flashaholic
I lived! I was talking to her as she ordered the tall cappuccino.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got back by editing /etc/hosts after my isp's dns cache got the screwup into it. Since I had never done that before: thanks for posting the info!

CNC Dan

Enlightened
That's what I did too. Thanks to dat2zip, for giving me the IP address, so I could get to CPF, to find the hosts file edit trick.

I know it doesn't happen very often, but the idea of an off (CPF) server based web page that can give emergency statius and work arounds is a good idea. Of course people would need to bookmark it before hand.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'll post the CPF Lifeline link to my links page, if such an entity is created. I'm sure I can scrape up the room on my website for it.

And if I remember correctly, it was FrenchyLED who emailed me a way to get into McGizmo's thread so I'd have the IP to put in my "hosts" file, so they need to be thanked too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MenaceSQL

Enlightened
Thank you to everyone involved in getting us back on. Special thanks to This is Nascar for helping me out. Thanks Ray.

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
Instructions were left with the mods and admins to call me only if the place was burning to the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm. All this, and no love for the guy holding the match? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
A special thanks to those in the CPF family who helped out. Your generosity is appreciated more than you know.

Cheers,
Kev