• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Modded 2D Mags (XP-G NW, XP-E CW, TLE-300M-EX)

LilKevin715

Enlightened
Up for sale are three modded 2D Mags. They are pretty much shelf queens and there are no nicks/scuffs on the anodizing. I am unloading these to start new projects. Click on the pictures below for larger pics.

1) Blue 2D Mag XP-E R2 bin WD tint $60. This light is primarily a thrower and will easily out throw a stock rebel or stock xp-e mag (see beamshot comparison here). This mag features a XP-E R2 bin WD tint emitter driven to 1.05A with a 3-mode (L/M/H) AMC7135 linear regulator based driver. The LED has been attached to a H22A heatsink with Arctic Alumina thermal epoxy. I used Ceramique thermal paste between the heatsink and the body tube with a touch of thermal epoxy to keep the heatsink in place. The driver has been attached to the heatsink with Fujik thermal glue to ensure reliable operation. I used 24 gauge wire from the driver to the LED and 20 gauge wire from the switch to the driver (both are silver-coated teflon wire). The stock lens was replaced with a Hardcoat Acrylic Lens from flashlightlens.com. The light runs on 3 C cells (Nimh recommended, alkaline as backup with reduced output) and a pvc tube adapter will be included. The tailspring in the tailcap has been cut and shortened, resistance mod done with copper solder wick, and the anodizing removed from the inside of the tailcap. OTF lumens should be in the neighborhood of 190-200 lumens on high. I've added a small white sticker to indicate where the optimal focus point is for the hotspot. This can be easily removed with a qtip and alcohol.

2) Silver 2D Mag with a Terralux TLE-300M-EX dropin $50. This light has a medium to floody beam profile with the "spikey" beam artifacts surrounding the hotspot. If you don't care about white-wall hunting then this wont matter for you. I've applied Ceramique thermal paste between the dropin and the head, as well as on the threads between the head and the body tube for increased heat transfer. Battery voltage input ranges from 6-24v. You could run 6 AA nimh in series (with the appropriate adapter), 4 x 1/2 D nimh cells, 2 x 18650, etc. as long as the voltage requirements are met. The stock lens has been replaced with a UCL glass lens from flashlightlens.com. This light should do about 600 lumens OTF (as tested by bigchelis).

3) Dark Green 2D Mag XP-G R4 bin 4B tint (4500-4750k) $65. This light is primarily a thrower as well, but with a slightly larger and less intense hotspot compared to the xp-e mag. This mag features a XP-G R4 bin 4B tint emitter driven to 1.4A with a 3-mode (L/M/H) AMC7135 linear regulator based driver. The LED has been attached to a H22A heatsink with Arctic Alumina thermal epoxy. I used Ceramique thermal paste between the heatsink and the body tube with a touch of thermal epoxy to keep the heatsink in place. The driver has been attached to the heatsink with Fujik thermal glue to ensure reliable operation. I used 24 gauge wire from the driver to the LED and 20 gauge wire from the switch to the driver (both are silver-coated teflon wire). The stock lens was replaced with a Hardcoat Acrylic Lens from flashlightlens.com. The light runs on 3 C cells (Nimh recommended, alkaline as backup with reduced output) and a pvc tube adapter will be included. The tailspring in the tailcap has been cut and shortened, resistance mod done with copper solder wick, and the anodizing removed from the inside of the tailcap. OTF lumens should be in the neighborhood of 320 lumens on high. I've added a small white sticker to indicate where the optimal focus point is for the hotspot. This can be easily removed with a qtip and alcohol.

4) I have one spare set of 3 x C AccuEvolution 4500mah LSD nimh cells. These cells have maybe 10-20 cycles on them. If you would like to add these cells to go with one of the mags listed above just let me know. $20

All prices indicated include shipping within the USA. Payment is via paypal. The first :takeit: with a prompt PM to me for payment details is required for the transaction. Please let me know if you have any questions.