Urgent Help with Zebralight H502 Needed

Amonra

Enlightened
Yesterday I just received a new Zebralight H502 from Going gear which is intended to be a Christmas gift for my best friend as he currently has a dim cheap bulky plastic headlight that he uses every day and figured he needed an upgrade.

I opened the tail-cap and popped in an Energizer Lithium Primary (1.7V as recommended by the manufacturer) to test it.
It worked fine for a few clicks until I tried to turn it off and It simply wouldn't turn off unless i unscrew the tail cap.
I screwed back the tail-cap and it turned back on by itself on high mode. Only now it wont cycle through low/med/high but there seem to be three very close levels all of which are high and it still wont turn off unless i unscrew the tail-cap again.
Tried cleaning the tail-cap contacts and spring and the end of the battery tube with no success.
Tried a regular Alkaline battery and still it remains the same.

I made a small video of what it is now doing here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUHXvn2AYSc&feature=youtu.be

Sent an e-mail to Going Gear and so far they just told me to watch this video to see if it helps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVmPRwm6mV8
Of course it did not help.

I really need this fixed before Christmas as im not going to give it to my best friend when it is not working properly and there is not enough time to have it replaced before Christmas.

Im thinking that the UI got mixed up somehow and was wondering if there is a way to 'reset' it.
Has anyone ever had this problem before ?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Ezeriel

Enlightened
Contact Zebralight and ask them how to fix it...
but send it back to going gear, and let your friend know it will be a week late.

Amonra

Enlightened
It took two weeks to get here, so it will be at least a month until i receive another one. I really dont want to give a gift a month late. Ill try contacting Zebralight

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once had a similar problem with an SC600. What seems to solved the problem: I removed the battery and waited about 5 min. I then used a freshly charged battery and screwed back the tailcap WHILE holding the switch... It never happened after and I must have been through 20 battery changes

Amonra

Enlightened
I once had a similar problem with an SC600. What seems to solved the problem: I removed the battery and waited about 5 min. I then used a freshly charged battery and screwed back the tailcap WHILE holding the switch... It never happened after and I must have been through 20 battery changes

Unfortunately that did not help either :(
Zebralight just told me to send it back. not much help cause that still leaves me with no gift :(

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do You still have it available?
somehow from the 2nd firing up it sounds, as if the switch is pushed in all the time.

When You push the button, do You feel a "click"?
and when releasing another one?

Maybe it helps, when You "move" the rubber cover around a bit?
and click SOME times (without battery)

PS: did You also try with a "normal" battery?

ico

Enlightened
Yes, sonetimes ZL neeeds some rest. When i still had my sc50w, it acted a little bit funny with the modes so i took of the battery and left the light somewhere for a few hours. Then when i got back, just put on the battery and it worked flawlessly again.

One more thing though, maybe you are not yet used to the UI? To turn ZL off, a fast click is needed. I eemembered when my siblings would borrow it, they always hold on a bit long so instead of turning off, the light goes on low mode

Last edited:

Amonra

Enlightened
The switch seems to click normally. I have tried many multiples of fast clicks, slow clicks, etc..
left it without a battery for a day, tried three different batteries.
All of which where of no use.

Im just going to have to send it back to be replaced and not give my best friend a Christmas gift.
Thank you Zebralight for possibly damaging my friendship and making me look like a total ***.

sspc

Newly Enlightened
The switch seems to click normally. I have tried many multiples of fast clicks, slow clicks, etc.. left it without a battery for a day, tried three different batteries.All of which where of no use.Im just going to have to send it back to be replaced and not give my best friend a Christmas gift.Thank you Zebralight for possibly damaging my friendship and making me look like a total ***.
I'm sure it's frustrating that your light won't be ready to gift in time, but any "best friend" will understand