LED color between kl3 and sl4 aa 7 led

fivebyfive

Enlightened
How is the luxeon led color of the kl3 when it's compared to the sl4aa7led ? Is it whiter and have less of a bluish/purple tint? Thinking of buying the kl3, but I want a better led color(whiter and less bluish/purple tint) than the my sl4aa7led Thanks.

Gandalf

Enlightened
I have 2 KL3's; one is reasonably white (mostly bluish, but fairly decent); The other is distinctly violet. I also have a KL1, which is noticeably violet. In general, there have been many complaints about the violet and/or very blue color to the Kl1's and Kl3's. I prefer the bluish color of 5mm Nichia's to the violet shade of the Kl1's and KL3's; The only one I consider really decent in color is the bluish KL3; although in real world use, the violet color of my other KL's isn't really noticeable. An E2/E2e with a KL1 makes an excellent EDC light. Now that lithium 123's are so reasonably cheap, I use them a lot more.

I know some of the earlier SL4 7 LED lights were pretty highly overdriven, which tends to make 'white' Nichia's more blue. You may have on of them; some people have gone to using a dummy cell and 3AA cells, due to the heat produced by the overdriven Nichia's

Latest posts