Panasonic 18650 3400 mAh (ebay) batteries - Voltage Question

Candurin

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick question, as I've been reading good and bad stories with charging and storage etc.

I just took my new batteries (http://www.ebay.com/itm/390497116432) and checked them when I received them. They measured 3.6V.

I just took one of them off my new XTAR SP2 charger (charged at 1A) and they just measured 4.16V. Should I be concerned with the higher voltage coming off the charger?

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Candurin,

Welcome to CPF.

Li-Ion cells are rated at 3.6 or 3.7 volts because that is roughly their voltage under load. Fully charged then end up close to 4.2 volts.

Tom

kurnialim

Newly Enlightened
I also bought that one on ebay too, I never know the real voltage but my flashlight seems ok.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I also bought that one on ebay too, I never know the real voltage but my flashlight seems ok.
It's wise when using Li-ion batteries to purchase a multimeter so as you can test cells and have some idea of what's going on.

Norm

yvonne_chan

Newly Enlightened
you use unprotectd battery cells right? I advice the Panasonic 18650 3400mAh battery with protected circuitry is better because it can provent from over-charge, over-discharge, high temperature, low temperature and short circuit.