Lens light mini/battery question

chad allred

Newly Enlightened
I just got a Lens Light mini and love it...but...it seems to be a battery hog on my 3.0 volt tenergy rcr123a batteries .should I be using something else?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a lens light mini.

Works on standard CR123 sized cells and gets low/hi. You can also run it on higher voltage RCR or even IMR cells. These cells won't damage the light, but you'll lose access to low mode and instead have just a single high mode.

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
There is a piece of crooked foam at the positive end, inside the battery compartment of my LensLight MICRO. This looks to be the only thing insulating the battery while it is not on.

This foam is gooping black glue resin all over my eneloops and it looks like it's being twisted with every turn-on, and doesn't seem like it would hold up more than a few weeks.

Are all LensLight products using this "foam" insulator, as opposed to the usual springs I'm used to seeing? Or is it just the MICRO model, or maybe someone tampered with mine before I recieved it?

chad allred

Newly Enlightened
My mini doesn't have any foam in it that I can see :confused:

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
My mini doesn't have any foam in it that I can see :confused:

Thanks, Chad Allred. That "foam" seems really ghetto in my new LL Micro. Just doesn't match the rest of the quality at all.
My Micro is also REALLY hard to turn (on), even with a fresh coat of SuperLube on the o'rings. I think I may have gotten duped.

I called LensLight, but had to leave a message, so I wait.

chad allred

Newly Enlightened
Kinda hard to get a pic but VERY clean inside..
6uvaqa8u.jpg

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, that's what a flashlight should look like. Even my ten-dollar CQG S1 has a spring in the tail cap.

Here's mine, it has no springs, and uses some crookedly glued on foam in the head (and the build up of gunk on the battery from the wet slimy adhesive):

lenslightmicrosloppy.jpg

lenslightpackage.jpg

Would LensLight really engineer something like this? Something seems weird. I can't find much information on these "MICRO" models anywhere. Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
Any news on this?

I've got to say, they really prioritize good customer service. They're having me send it in, and they said the foam ring should not be crooked and should not be leaving goo on the battery. They're going to refurbish it under warranty. I'm really impressed so far.

I'm just not looking forward to cutting off my carefully tied lanyard, but it's got to be done:

LLMicro.jpg

Thanks, LensLight, for being so cool about fixing these issues! :rock:

P.S. Sorry for hijacking the thread. My questions are for the "MICRO", not the "MINI" so I messed that all up. I probably should have started a new thread.

Last edited:

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
I got my MICRO back yesterday from the LensLight spa and they made it perfect. The new innards have a much better color/hue. I'm impressed.

chad allred

Newly Enlightened
I've got a micro on the way too!copper one..

Latest posts