How to Maintain the Surefire Maximus?

Bucur

Enlightened
I am so happy that I got my Surefire Maximus today. Up to now, the only serious headlamp I have was a PrincetonTec Apex (130 lumen version). It can't come even close to the Maximus in terms of power, adjustability and, apparently, sturdiness. The Apex is lighter, though, and IMO; a better design when it comes to aesthetics.

Anyway, I have been keeping the Apex in my car. Since it operates via four CR 123A batteries, I did nothing, so far, in terms of maintenance. I simply keep a set of spare batteries in the trunk and I am confident that it is always ready for duty.

I feel that the same does not apply to the Maximus. I also want to keep it in another car. Needless to say, I want it to be ready for duty at all times. I think Li-Ion batteries are supposed to be kept fully charged, anyway. Is this correct? However, my Li-Ion powered Samsung laptop has a Battery Life Extender mode that claims to keep the batteries 80% full so I am confused as to how full the batteries should be. :confused:

Also, shall I exercise them from time to time and if so, how often? How much shall I discharge them during this exercise? I must admit primary batteries seem to be more suitable for this kind of usage (no-usage) but the bottom line is that 500 lumens are way too attractive! :devil:

Could someone please advise me on how to maintain my new Surefire Maximus? Thank you.