Question about a possible accessory for the Fenix TK70

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my Fenix TK70 and so far I am very impressed with it. I am not going to be able to fully test it until tomorrow evening, and I had a thought about a possible practical accessory for this light. It has a huge front end with a lot of glass, and I would like to get a "lens cap" for it, like a camera! I have tried several lids for various plastic bowls we have around the house, but nothing fits. I think this would be a good thing to help keep the glass from getting scratched or damaged while transporting the light. I am assuming that there is no holster available due to its size. Whet do you other TK70 owners think?

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
I baby my light ;) so when I travel with my TK70 it goes in my B&W Outdoor case. Safe and secure.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Take a plastic lid that's large enough, and scribe the bezel onto it to get the size....then heat it up and mold it to the desired contour to grab the head....then let it cool, and you'll have your cover.

:D

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or pick up some kydex and make one that fits as well.

LoveLights

Newly Enlightened
I just got my Fenix TK70 and so far I am very impressed with it. I am not going to be able to fully test it until tomorrow evening, and I had a thought about a possible practical accessory for this light. It has a huge front end with a lot of glass, and I would like to get a "lens cap" for it, like a camera! I have tried several lids for various plastic bowls we have around the house, but nothing fits. I think this would be a good thing to help keep the glass from getting scratched or damaged while transporting the light. I am assuming that there is no holster available due to its size. Whet do you other TK70 owners think?

Been looking for a lens cap since my son gave me a TK70 for Christmas; tried all sorts of caps and custom jobs. Today, finally found what works for me: at Home Depot, in plumbing/toilet repair section, a Fluidmaster 3" Tank-To-Bowl Gasket. It is a soft, thick rubber ring that encircles the top of the light, protecting the rim while still allowing the light to be used without removing the cap! The red rubber looks pretty good on the light, but would have preferred black. Can also stand the light up with this gasket on. Cost is $7.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been looking for a lens cap since my son gave me a TK70 for Christmas; tried all sorts of caps and custom jobs. Today, finally found what works for me: at Home Depot, in plumbing/toilet repair section, a Fluidmaster 3" Tank-To-Bowl Gasket. It is a soft, thick rubber ring that encircles the top of the light, protecting the rim while still allowing the light to be used without removing the cap! The red rubber looks pretty good on the light, but would have preferred black. Can also stand the light up with this gasket on. Cost is $7.

That sounds cool! Would love to see a picture!!