The new Aspheric throw king?

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Wolf eyes Seal could be with an 80mm(ish) lens beating out the Dereelight Xsearcher using 70mm optic, it's not cheap but you get a weapon mountable light with remote switch and two heads.
Saabluster might want to try his hand at tweaking it to way over 200K lux.

Last edited:

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
on the wolfeyes-site it says that the light is rated with an ansi distance of only 652 meters.
To get the lux @ 1m you have to do the following calculation:
lux @ 1m = ansi-distance * ansi-distance * 0,25
lux @ 1m = 106276

Thats not a lot!!
The dereelight throw just as far with smaller heads.
If you use the XR-E pill in the XSearcher you get 200,000lux @ 1m.

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
on the wolfeyes-site it says that the light is rated with an ansi distance of only 652 meters.
To get the lux @ 1m you have to do the following calculation:
lux @ 1m = ansi-distance * ansi-distance * 0,25
lux @ 1m = 106276

Thats not a lot!!
The dereelight throw just as far with smaller heads.
If you use the XR-E pill in the XSearcher you get 200,000lux @ 1m.
Like I said, with a tweak from Saabluster weather it be with an XR-E (or over drive the XM-L) it will be brighter.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like I said, with a tweak from Saabluster weather it be with an XR-E (or over drive the XM-L) it will be brighter.
I may do something with that light in the future but I have something reflector based that will blow that away now. I'll have to get one of these lights soon to evaluate it. An XRE is most likely not where I'd go with it depending on the focal length though. We'll see.

Belgrath04

Newly Enlightened
Could someone recommend sources for both aspheric lenses & flat? I mention flat as I have a light or two that it would be nice to replace the cheap plastic (& scratched) with a nice hard & low reflectivity one.

Also, anyone have any recommendations for solid entry level literature? I would like to learn more about optics, specifically collimating lenses.

Dave1988

Newly Enlightened
I agree I think Saab should use this bad boy as the host for an ultimate rifle mounted light. I've got the dereelight xsearcher which is great but wolf eyes have extremely tough torches not to mention this seal model looks like it belongs on a barrett .50cal!

Latest posts