dangerous situation averted thanks to CPF

gianetics

Enlightened
so before coming on to CPF i had no idea the dangers of li-ion batteries. i owned several surfires and a few others that i ran on primary 123's. i used to match partially depleted cells along with fresh cells. now i understand the dangers. i was talking with my buddy and he does the same thing but he lets his 1 year old daughter play with his lights:poof:. so after telling him the dangers he no longer lets her play with his li-ion powered lights. potentially catastrophic event averted thanks to CPF:thumbsup: thanks for the info!!

Thr3Evo

Enlightened
And thank you for sharing, both on here and in practical life scenarios.
BTW I'm always puzzled at why ppl let small children play with flashlights, did toysRus run out of plastic to sell? Kids have enough time to ruin their eyes in life, no need to start them that young.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well in my case as a child it wasn't so much about the light beams as it was how does it work. My dad told me I could dissassemble a flashlight faster than he could put them back together, this was at 3 to 4 years of age but the lights were not all that blindingly bright in the late 40s ,but I apparently was fascinated with any flashlight I got my hands on.