ARC Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARC

Newly Enlightened
What are the differences between ARC AAA or ARC LS ?

http://store.yahoo.com/flashlight/

I am going to buy two of them for my key chains, but I am not sure which one is better and why!

Thank you,

ARC
wink.gif

logical

Newly Enlightened
Totally different deals. The AAA is a tiny keychain light using a single AAA battery and the LS is a considerably larger (but still small) flashlight using normally a 123 lithium battery (optionally others). AAA is probably smaller than your pinkie finger and the LS is probably bigger than your thumb.

The LS is twice as fat, 3 times as heavy and several times more expensive but of course brighter.

ARC

Newly Enlightened
Would the LS fit comfortably in my pocket with my keys on the key chain ?

How long would a lithium battery last and are they expensive ?

Is the beam of light ratio difference between the two flashlights ?

Any other input would be appreciated.

Thank you

Originally posted by logical:
Totally different deals. The AAA is a tiny keychain light using a single AAA battery and the LS is a considerably larger (but still small) flashlight using normally a 123 lithium battery (optionally others). AAA is probably smaller than your pinkie finger and the LS is probably bigger than your thumb.

The LS is twice as fat, 3 times as heavy and several times more expensive but of course brighter.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Anarchocap

Enlightened
Originally posted by ARC:
Would the LS fit comfortably in my pocket with my keys on the key chain ?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That is only for you to say. I am not comfortable with the Arc LS on my keychain, and pretty much only comfortable with the Photon Microlite II. But there are many people here who would be and are very comfortable with the LS on their keychains! It is literally the size of your average thumb and about 1.5 times the diameter.
How long would a lithium battery last and are they expensive ?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">About 2 - 3 hours depending on usage. The 123 battery is relatively expensive. However, there currently exists an internet special of 20 Toshibas for $30 @ http://www.botachtactical.com/, and there recently was a deal at the same place for 12 SureFire 123s for $15. Shipping not included and around $8-$10 depending on order size.
Is the beam of light ratio difference between the two flashlights ?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The Arc LS is roughly 8 - 10 times brighter than the Arc AAA Limited Edition.

If you would search the forums here, you will find all the information and links to your heart's content.

Status
Not open for further replies.